Chapter 5: A tête-à-tête

𝗦𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆

Swinging open the door, Benny and I step into a nearby café the next day. We are exhausted after our classes today at college.

"Hold on" Benny signals the presence of Frank, his classmate. He is a total dick head to Benny who loathes him a lot.

Frank asked Benny's girlfriend, Katie out for a prom which she turned down. The next day he started to pick on her which made Benny furious.

Frank sits around the corner so Benny walks to the table near the front counter.

"We'll sit here, man," he says and we sit on the chair.

"I like to gag him and put him in one of the dumpsters outside," he scorns.

"Cool down, Ben! You whine about him a lot. You're going nuts," I shake my head.

"What if you have a girlfriend whom he picks on?" he asks.

"I'd rather dodge him and mind my own business"

"You say this shit because you don't have a girlfriend, man!

He then adds, "I bet one day you'll have to face my situation."

"Then?" I ask.

"You become Jackie Chan all of a sudden and kick his ass"

"C'mon, Ben. This isn't the time for this. We have to pool money to set up our new hangar in a couple of years" I sign.

"There's a lot of time, Sandy. Why don't you ask your dad?"

"Are you kidding me? He has worked his ass off to buy me this car."

"Why don't we open a kissing booth, man?"

"You are getting on my nerves, Ben. Just be serious."

"Well, then I check online," Ben says and picks up his phone.

"Why don't we start a garage sale?" I suggest.

"I think you won't make enough money. You have to approach a bank officer to get a loan, buddy."

"I know. But the sale would help us to cover some additional expenses in case of cost overrun."