Chapter 39: A New Girl

𝗧𝗮𝘀𝘀𝘆

"Wow! You kissed him!" Amanda is gaping in surprise.

"Yes, you dumbhead," I say with a frown.

"Ok, fathead. I've been assertive in my opinion that someday you would love him. And, there you are. You are desperately in love with him. Not to mention, you have kissed him."

"Ok, soothsayer! You are right, after all."

"Mmm.... Do you know what this means? This calls for a party!" She exclaims.

"Well, just now we had a party in Sandy's place. Why do you ask for an another one?"

"Come on, you downer! Let's celebrate." She gets up and sways in her crazy dance moves.

"C'mon, Tassy. Get down on the dance floor." She lifts me up and holds my hands and says, "Let's rock n' roll" and jumps frantically.

.....

There is teeny-weeny fuss about meeting Sandy the next day. It's awkward after a kiss last night. I'm pretty sure he'll act like nothing happened because that's how Sandy is. When I get back to business, my mind wavers at the entrance of a new girl inside. She sits on a chair and rejoices Sandy's presence there. It seems she knows Sandy well. I feel a pang of jealousy when she touches his arm. Sandy looks at me bunching a set of napkins and calls me.

"Hi, Tassy. This is Jessica." He brings his hand towards her.

"Hi," I say.

She greets me in return and her attention goes back to him.

"Oh!Sandy.... You look leaner than before... Are you eating well?" She touches his shirt button.

"Hmmm.... I'm shuffling between work and study.... I think I've lost a pound or so because of that."

"Aww...don't be such a workaholic. And, studious for that matter. Call on our friends. Don't you miss them?" She pouts.

"Yes, absolutely." He nods.

"Then, why don't you come over to our place?" She asks.

"Ah... That's a nice idea..." He suggests.

"Oh! poor boy..." She reaches him to kiss his cheek.

Our colleague, Grant signals it's time to take orders as customers pour in.

"I'll catch you up later... Jessica," He says and get going.

I'm quiet for sometime and don't have the guts to ask Sandy about her. I thought he was mine, but some girl is getting euphoric about meeting him again and was about to kiss him. I don't get it. I'm chewing over the matter in the backroom, when Sandy comes by.

"Hi, Tassy. Are you attending the next customer?" He asks nonchalantly.

"Well, I don't get you?" I say in a muffled voice.

"What?"

"I thought we like each other." I hint him picking the hem of my shirt.

"Haha! Girls are girls. Are you anxious about Jessica? Let me explain you. Jessica is a distant cousin of mine. She probably would have missed me acting as a bridge between her boyfriend and her. Her father despises their relationship."

"Oh!" I say as a matter-of-factly.

"O-Ohh!" he sing-songs. I smile sheepishly at him.

If I didn't know better, I would have thought she is trying to make out with him, and he is gleefully welcoming it. I shouldn't have such odd beliefs about him. He is the crème de la crème.

We hug each other and let go when Grant interferes and his eyes literally pop out of its socket.