Chapter 14: Ben's Idea

𝗦𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆

I'm waiting for Ben in the hallway reading a book on construction loans. This sort of loan is a bit riskier and expensive.
Through the garage sale, I would be able to cover a part of origination and lender fees.

But, talking with the airport authorities would be a major pain in the ass at first. Though this is a usual teething problem, but still it takes a dog's years to get a nod from those authorities. They would show me a set of rules that I have to abide by from building to renting. If not, they would take over my hangar. Though I know such risks are involved, I like to stand out in my own business world.

"Hey, dude. Here are the stuff you asked for," Ben hands out a bag of snacks.

He looks at me and asks, "You ain't looking good today. Are you sick after eating your restaurant food, buddy?"

"No, Ben. I am okay. It's this loan thing that haunts me a lot. Will I make it?"

"You will, Sandy. You are a hero. Do you remember you beat a dumbass in school?"

"I didn't. I just tripped over him."

Ben rolls his eyes.

"Ok, dude. What's your problem?"

He grabs a packet of chips and tears open.

"Well, we need more money for down-payment. Though we have a time span of two years, from where will we get the money?"

"This project involves two heads, right? You and I" Ben asks me. I nod.

He then adds, "Why don't there be a bunch of heads?"

I blink.

He shoves a handful of chips in his mouth and mutters, "I mean a plenty of people laying their hands on this project."

"Well, that would be great."

"We get the money from them and run the project. Also they would have a piece of the pie in whatever profit we make from this business."

Before his mouthful of chips pops out on me, I stand up and escape to the kitchen. I get a sense of relief in getting to know what to do next.