Chapter 43: Sandy's Trouble

𝗕𝗲𝗻𝗻𝘆

Standing on the front porch of Sandy's house, I look at Mr. and Mrs. Morgan greeting my parents and me inside.

"How was the drive?" Mr. Morgan asks.

"Well, Morgan. It was a smooth drive except for a choc-a-block at St. Joseph Street. We took a detour to make our way here." My dad describes.

We are taken to the hallway and Morgan asked us to sit down on the couch.

"Is Sandy upstairs, uncle?" I ask Sandy's dad.

"Yes, Ben. Why don't you go up and have a look at him?" Morgan suggests.

I then run up the stairs and burst into his room. I flop down on his bed and watch him glaring at me.

"Don't you have enough manners left in you to knock the door before coming in?" He narrows his eyes.

"It's ok, buddy. Tassy is not here. I've seen her in the kitchen," I grin.

Sandy cheeks go red in embarrassment. He is paging through a magazine. I chuck a pillow over him. It knocks off the magazine to the floor. He gives me a hard look.

"C'mon, bro. It's Thanksgiving day. Don't strain your eyes like that!" I groan.

"Ok, what do you want me to do?" He is put off.

"What's your problem, man? You look disappointed!" I ask.

"Tassy is my problem. I thought we can spend time together." He starts whining.

"Well! Well! Well! I got it, buddy! Why don't you go there and join them."

"What do you think? I'm a full-blown cook? I don't think I can do anything there..." He trails off.

"You don't get me, bro! Why don't you go there and act as if you are helping her and talk to her?" I give him an idea.

"Um... That's an excellent idea," Saying this he drags me out of his room and down the stairs.

When we get there to the hallway, Sandy smiles at my mom and dad, and drift towards the kitchen.

"Hi, Sandy! How are you?" my dad asks.

"I'm fine, uncle." He says without even looking at my dad, and he pushes himself to the kitchen along with me.

"Hi, Tassy!" he whispers. I sit on a chair and watch the drama.

"Hi," She looks at him.

"Well! What are you doing?"

"I'm doodling.... " Sandy blinks.

"What do you think I'm doing? I'm cooking!" She frowns.

"Ok! Cool! Is there anything I can do for you?"

"I know you are a messy cook... Your mom told me," she complains.

"Well! What else my mom told you about me!" He drools and puts up his hand on the closet.

The closet is open and he didn't notice a container in it.

"Do you stop loitering? Don't you have anything to do?" She fumes.

"What else is worth doing without seeing you," He mutters, apparently trying to make out with her.

"Did you say anything?" She asks.
"Nothing, daisy," he says and Tassy flushes.

"Crack these eggs," She asks for help.

Sandy is still touching the container and when he lets go of the closet, the container falls over his head. Everything inside it smears over his face. It must probably be flour of some kind.

Tassy, Amanda and I burst into laughter and seeing us cackling, our parents get up and reach the kitchen. On seeing Sandy covered up in flour, they too explode with laughter.