Chapter 11: A New Acquaintance

𝗦𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆

The smell of fresh roasted coffee beans intrigues me to grab a cup of coffee in college cafeteria.

There's music playing which makes me relax a bit from the humdrum of city life. Students are scurrying between cafeteria and classes.

I set down my coffee cup on a table and open up my laptop. I'm going to add the finishing touches to my assignment.

Somebody drags a chair across me and when I look up I see Kevin, my classmate smiling at me. Sitting down, he asks, "How are you, buddy? You always have your plate full."

"Yeah....college life beckons" I shrug.

He sips his coffee and talks about the mess a couple of guys has done yesterday. They got into trouble drinking and barfing in college premises. The college authorities were mad at them and detained them.

"What are you gonna do after college?" he asks.

"Most probably I'll be looking for a job in aviation."

Then, I add, "I also look forward to set up an airplane hangar near New Orleans Lakefront Airport"

"Wow! Quite interesting, Sandy. Is it for personal or commercial purpose?" He is curious.

"Obviously, Commercial. Getting a permit for residential hangars is hard. After all, I don't have an aircraft."

"I guess you are going to lease a land there and seek an aircraft sponsor."

"Of course. I can't buy a land there. It costs me an arm and a leg. Also, I need a sponsor to share the costs of aircraft restoration and maintenance".

"So how do you finance setting up the hangar" He is puzzled.

"I have no idea. I gotta approach a bank officer." I reply simply.

"My uncle is a construction loan officer. Do you want his number"

"Yeah. I would like to have his number." I'm happy that I'm beginning to take baby steps.