- Part 3 (Ishima Akihiro)

The weekend was here! I was going to spend it going to the card shop at Nishi Mall to practice with my Mirche deck. Even though there's a local card shop in Drachma Red's area, not many people visit it, and the ones who do usually aren't very good at the game.

Going to the more popular shops meant there was more variety in opponents, usually with a higher skill level. Fighting against tough opponents would definitely make me a better cardfighter, so I started going there more often, even if it costed more to travel.

I messaged Mitsuba, who also wanted to come to the card shop. At first, he wasn't very interested, but when I mentioned that my sister and her friend was coming along, he changed his mind and really wanted to go.

I went downstairs to the lounge area of the Drachma Red dorms, and waited for Mitsuba on a couch.

My sister, Ishima Tamaki, is in A Class. Though, we're not related by blood, since I was adopted into her family.

Since birth, I don't know who my biological parents are. My parents gave me away for adoption as soon as they gave birth to me, so I was sent to the Ishima orphanage.

The owners of the orphanage, Zeon-san and Lucine-san, took me and raised me alongside their child, which was Tamaki.

I always felt bad for her, since her parents had to take care of so many children at the same time, but Tamaki never complained once. Instead, she helped them out and was a good friend to all the kids that were there.

We spent a lot of our time together because we were the same age, and the oldest from the kids there. I usually helped out alongside her, which made us closer. Even if we're not related by blood, the bond me and Tamaki share is probably stronger than most actual siblings.

"Yo, Aki-kun! You wake up way too early."

Mitsuba yawned as he made his way over to me.

"It's only 10am, that's pretty late."

"I usually wake up at 1pm..."

I understood sleeping in, but to that extent, it seemed excessive.

"Damn, what time did you sleep yesterday?"

"Uh... probably 2am. I was up late looking at gravure idols."

Mitsuba's a pretty open pervert, which I do admire in some aspects. It makes him a free spirit in a way.

"2am?! I sleep at like 11pm."

"Lame! Try sleeping at 6am!"

We exited the dorms, walking down to the bus stop.

"That's when I normally wake up for school time..."

"I did that once. Let's just say I was satisfied the entire night."

I laughed at the implications of that statement. We sat at the bus stop, and I checked my phone.

"Five more minutes until the bus comes."

"Man, I can't wait to go to the shop and crack open some packs!"

"How many points do you have?"

Mitsuba checked his phone.

"Ehh... about 600 something. I guess I'm only gonna get 1 pack, huh..."

"I'll pitch in."

I transferred 200 points to Mitsuba.

"Aw hell yeah! Two packs, that's the magic number!"

"Magic number?"

"Yeah, it's a superstition I have. Whenever I open two packs at once, I have increased luck. When I open one pack, I usually have no luck. When I open three packs, I usually have even worse luck. Two is the sweet spot."