SS Ichinose Natsumi: The Leader's Discussions

After forming an official provisional alliance between B Class and E Class, we joined together in our first event, a study coalition in preparation for the midterms! It gave the class representatives the perfect opportunity to talk about how we'd move forward in the future.

Machida-kun, B Class's male class representative and my classmate, had a bad attitude toward E Class students, believing they were worthless and the trash of the school, much like everyone else. However, for this occasion, he compromised and came with me in order to talk with the E Class reps, Isogai-kun and Alice-chan.

Despite his grumpy mood, he remained silent while we were in the library. Like me, he brought two of his friends, Koishi-kun and Ritaka-kun, which made up half of our six party group. Of course, I didn't expect him to say much, as Machida-kun is a taciturn person, but the only time he spoke today was during the introduction to E Class. Otherwise, he hasn't said a word since agreeing to come with me.

"Natsumi-san, Machida-san, thank you so much for doing this for our class. It's been a real struggle for E Class..."

Immediately, to begin our discussion, Isogai-kun wasted no time thanking us. Recently, he and Alice-chan have been helping tutor other students in their class to prepare for the upcoming midterms. Isogai-kun had more success, as his study group tended to yield more people than Alice-chan did.

"Nya ha ha, not a problem. Now that we're officially friends, B Class is glad to help you out!"

Usually, Machida-kun was sharp to snap back at these sorts of words and criticise me harshly, but this time, he didn't say a thing. Maybe his uncharacteristic nature is because of this professional and tense setting.

"No, we should really be thanking you. This alliance between E Class and B Class... we get so many benefits from it! Showing our thanks isn't nearly enough so... what else can we do to help B Class?"

Alice-chan praised us, which made me happy as I could influence other people's lives for the better. However, that question she asked would give fairly different responses depending on who answered. Since Machida-kun was still keeping quiet, I decided to answer first.

"Oh no, no, it's fine! We're not making any big moves right now, which is why we'd like to support you in the battle against D Class."

I looked at Machida-kun briefly, who didn't seem to want to comment on the matter. In any other case, he'd assert a policy of crushing A Class through any means possible.

"Your class is far too kind. This alliance though, are you guys really okay with it?"

Alice-chan kept asking questions that would be perfect openings for Machida-kun to strike, but he continued to stay silent.

"Yes. I see a lot of potential in your class, and I feel like you guys would most likely to want to ally with us. Today though, I'd like to focus on what we could do to support each other in the future."

Yet, to these topical words, Machida-kun spoke up for the first time today.

"Ichinose-san. Could you explain what this alliance does?"

Isogai-kun and Alice-chan looked at Machida-kun was confused faces. It seemed like Isogai-kun wanted to say something, but restrained himself.

"Do you not know, Machida-kun?"

Despite knowing we were going into an alliance, Machida-kun didn't bother to research before coming here. Again, he was showing uncharacteristic behaviour that wasn't like him, especially since he regularly poured over the school rulebook and guidelines plenty of times before. He loved compiling information.