- Part 3 (Katsumi Kou)

Me and Shibata-kun finished our sports session after school and headed to Rina's Restaurant to buy some milkshakes and talk. Somehow, um... it ended up becoming a revision session?!

Because I was exhausted, I didn't bother changing out of my jersey, so I didn't have my tie on. Due to this, I could blend in and make our meeting seem... less scandalous, because I'm in E Class, while Shibata-kun's in C Class.

Shibata-kun did change however, but he wore his uniform very loosely with the sleeves rolled up. His tie was barely put on properly, which was... kind of cute... taking a sip of his strawberry milkshake, he wiped his brow.

Ah, I'm gonna melt! He's so cute and cool! Even as he flipped through his notebook, he looked so awesome!

Sitting next to him was his buddy Sugiura Motofumi-san, also in C Class. He was in the art room after school, and as we headed out, he joined us. Sugiura-san's an amazing artist!

However we both sucked at academics. Surprisingly, despite not looking like it, Shibata-kun was actually pretty smart. Since we had physics tomorrow, he offered to help us study for it.

"Forces and elasticity. This one's short, so we can go through it in less than hour."

Shibata-kun smirked and pointed at the topic in his book. Sugiura-san was doodling in his sketchbook while he paid attention to him.

Appearance wise, Sugiura-san was lanky and had bleached hair with some highlights. Yep, definitely artsy. Last month, he had all sorts of colours in his hair, which made him look like an American rapper.

"So, Katsumi-san, Sugiura, do you know what forces are at least?"

Shibata-kun was like, the complete opposite. He was muscular and had strong legs. His hair was brown and fluffy. He took good care of his body and appearance!

"Forces are responsible for changing the motion of objects... right?"

Sugiura-san had a tired voice all the time. Considering how impressive his art was, he must stay up late to paint it, like Takayuki-kun staying up late to revise.

"Yep. When a force acts on an object, it can change shape by bending, stretching or compressing. Maybe even a combination of all three changes."

Sugiura-san turned a page in his sketchbook and began scribbling images of objects being bent, stretched and compressed. That was a good way to remember, to draw it out!

I tried doing the same. Shibata-kun laughed at the both of us.

"Pay attention and stop doodling."

"But it helps me remember..." Sugiura-san complained.

"If I draw it, I'll definitely remember!" I said.

"I don't think those crude drawings'll help you."

How mean...

"Yeah, Katsumi-san... I don't think you should draw. That art's kinda crap."

I felt more depressed than before. I closed my notebook and rested my head on the table.

"I mean, don't you remember more by talking about it? That's how I remember stuff." Shibata-kun said.

"Oh! That's true. I remember things about sport techniques or training because I talked to you about it."

"Yep. Just gotta apply it here."

"You're so smart, Shibata-kun!"

"She hasn't met Houki-san or Murakawa-san yet, clearly." Sugiura-san sniggered.