- Part 3

We spread out in the library to start our private tutoring. Some A Class snobs looked at us with disgust. They probably thought the B Class students were insane.

I sat across Mato on a table not too far from Sakigamiya's. The class reps stayed together and began talking about some menial things.

Mato just sort of looked blankly at me, like she was trying to analyse me. It was really creepy and weird. I mean, she wasn't bad looking, but... the way her orange eyes just kind of stared through me just... really put me off.

"Yukimura-san, you want to get better at physics?"

"Obviously. I kind of said it in my introduction."

Mato narrowed her eyes and nodded, bringing out her books and highlighters onto the table.

"You should get your study materials out as well."

I threw a pen on the table and leaned back in my seat. Mato looked extremely puzzled.

"That's... all you brought?"

"I left my notebook at home. Though, I was studying electricity."

"You're extremely unprepared."

"I'm not gonna lug a bunch of note books around, am I? All the information is stored up here, in my head."

"Regardless, you knew it was a study session, so you should have brought more than just a pen. You'll forget most of the information we do here unless you write it down. It's scientifically proven that writing things down increases the likelihood we remember it. That's why we take notes."

"Taking notes is stupid. If I'm writing while listening to you, I lose focus. I'd rather just get the explanation. Plus I don't even read the notes afterwards."

"But you should read the notes you take, as it's good revision? You just said you'd rather get the explanation. Taking notes condenses the explanation into smaller chunks of information to refresh yourself with periodically."

"I just said that taking notes doesn't work for me. Stop pressing me for this crap, will you? I want to learn, not get talked down on about how I learn."

This girl was beginning to piss me off.

"I'm trying to give you the best chance at remembering the material. If you continue to act pigheaded and refuse to take my advice, you'll do a lot worse when it comes to revision."

"I didn't ask for your damn advice! I'm asking you to teach me physics, you bitch!"

I slammed on the table.

"Now, why should I have to teach someone as vulgar as you?"

"You came to the study session to help E Class out, didn't you?"

"Yes, but I never expected to be paired up with someone with such a short temper and such a small brain. Feel free to continue living the horrid life you have."

"Oh, now you want to turn this into a B Class vs E Class thing, huh? You might have an upper hand in academics, but in sports, I'm king!"

"This isn't a bragging contest, and bringing up sports is irrelevant to our debate."

"Since when is this a debate?!"

"It's been a debate the moment you called me a bitch. Are you that thick?"

"Shut up. You're acting all high and mighty for no reason now."

"Actually, you're the one who's acting high and mighty. You're the type of person who believes everything should be handed to you on a silver platter, and you don't need to put any work or effort in. That's why you forgot your notebook. That's why you're unprepared. That's why your way of studying is going to be less effective."