- Part 4

The science wing is pristine as ever. They keep the area thoroughly clean, probably because of all the dangerous experiments and practicals that probably go around here. During break and lunch, no one really hangs out around here, but the labs are always open for students to come study science or perform practicals. I really do miss this sort of freedom from the school.

If it were just me and Nora coming here alone, I'd feel more anxious of the people that come here. Being a science focused facility, a lot of smart, academic students would be here, ready to mock us for our E Class placement. However, with Yukimura at the helm of our group, I doubt no one would have the gall to insult us. He'd react by beating them up.

Nora knocked on the door of Ike-sensei's lab.

"Another one? Today's especially busy, isn't it?"

Ike-sensei's upbeat voice was loud. We could hear it even standing just outside. As the door slid open, Ike-sensei stood there with a surprised look on his face. He was a peculiar man that rode a fine line between being good looking and a mad scientist really well.

Being an avid bodybuilder in his spare time, Ike-sensei's body was more muscular than the average man, but his face was dreary and his long hair was unkempt, yet fell into place very stylishly since it was parted down the middle. Spending much of his time in front of a monitor meant his eyesight deteriorated, so he wore glasses over his baggy but welcoming eyes.

He dressed extremely casually, with a green jumper over a white button shirt. He wore brown slack pants with a belt that couldn't be seen, since his shirt was untucked over it. All that was missing was his signature lab coat he always paraded around. Was this a rare glimpse of his normal self?

"Oh, Nora-kun, Yukimura-kun, and Takanori-kun! What a pleasant surprise, I didn't expect any of you to show up here! Please, come in, come in. What are your science queries then?"

Ike-sensei was an ecstatic fellow that looked at life positively. I didn't mind it that much, though. It was a clear contrast to Chabashira-sensei, who I'm most used to.

Her reserved, cold nature meant she didn't speak out much and kept her distance from us. This teacher felt like he wanted to become friends with you and show you how wonderful science is.

"Umm, I'm trying to help... Yukimura-kun learn what density is..."

Nora began speaking timidly. I decided to step in to save him the trouble.

"We're at the practical stage, so we were wondering if it was okay to use the lab to perform our practical?"

"By all means, go ahead. Remember to wear goggles."

Ike-sensei took three pairs of goggles and handed it to us.

Just before I was about to put it on, I noticed that there were two other people in the lab. A girl and someone with androgynous looks. Based on their shoulder to hip ratio, I determined they were also a girl.

"Who're those two?"

Yukimura unabashedly pointed at them. The two students were working on an experiment together, wearing lab coats and goggles over their uniform. I was also curious.

"They're both some of my best students, that's who they are." Ike-sensei said.

This time, he was back with slicked hair and a lab coat on. This is what I meant by borderline good looking and mad scientist.

"That doesn't answer the question really well..."

"You should find out then. Science is about discovery and advancements!"