- Part 4

After finishing that long-winded essay that was requested by Mikazuchi-sensei, we were allowed to go home. Nora had finished his essay before the both of us, so he left early. By the time I finished, Yukimura did as well. He suggested going home together, and I agreed.

I only obliged so I could keep up my appearance as a sociable and popular person. I wouldn't voluntarily suggest it myself, especially since I know Yukimura has a big crush on me. It'd be awkward since I don't want to lead him on.

We exited the hallway, going through the main and central area of the school, Eden, so we could leave through the front entrance. Eden was the heart of the school, and was the most busy during break, lunch and after school, when everyone was heading home.

However, since we just had a remedial class, it was late, so the majority of students had already cleared from the school. This meant we had this huge, serene space for ourselves. It was a nice change of pace, since I'm usually surrounded by noisy people.

"Sakigamiya, thanks for the help that weekend. It was really useful."

"Don't worry about it. I'm glad it was useful to you."

If Yukimura gets his grades up, we might get more class points. That was my main motivation for encouraging him. I really want to get to A Class.

"I'll definitely get more than 80% on our next mock exam! I wanna visit your apartment!"

He's so excited about it, it's like he's a little child. It was almost cute.

As we walked through Eden, a student barged in-between both of us. Yukimura snapped and turned around.

"Oi, you bastard! Watch where you're going!"

The student that barged into us turned around slowly. As he did, I could see more of his appearance.

Notably, his posture was slouched, and he wore an untucked black shirt, rather than a white one. Like me, the top button of his shirt was undone, but he didn't wear his tie.

However, I determined he was from A Class from his white blazer trimming. In his mouth was a lollipop, and slung around his shoulder was a messenger bag. It was very likely he was from our year.

When his wine coloured eyes met mine, I felt a chilling shiver run down my spine. It was terrifying, looking into those hollow rings devoid of any life. The corners of his lips curled upwards into a creepy smile. His presence alone was enough to warp the air.

"I don't care which class you're in. As long as you're in my way, I'll crush you."

"Is that a challenge to a fight?!"

Yukimura stormed towards him.

That student... I vaguely remember him... but I can't put a finger on it...

"Huh? Answer me, you asshole!"

Yukimura continued to shout at the student who was walking away and ignoring him.

But... who?! Who was he...?! What was his name......?!

"Say something, damn it!"

Yukimura charged at him, raising his fist.

I can't remember at all... but I've seen that face before... a boy with shaven hair and a large scar... was it... Shi... Shimada?

Yukimura launched his fist straight at him. The mysterious student dodged with a sidestep, and with his hands still in his pockets, launched a straight kick to his solar plexus. Yukimura froze up from the impact, and the boy took the chance to seize him with another devastating blow, but this time, with a swift side kick to the ribcage.

Yukimura fell to the floor, clutching his torso in pain. The boy lingered over him and looked at me with a challenging gaze. Understanding his silent threat, I ran over to Yukimura to help him sit-up.

"Yukimura-kun!"

"Sakigamiya..."

Yukimura groaned, having a face of excruciating pain I'd never seen before. He choked up, falling into my arms.

No way... was he... actually beaten...? E Class's violent fighter, Yukimura, lost...?

In this situation, I began shaking as Yukimura writhed and struggled to get up.

Yukimura was one of the toughest people I know, but to be immobilised by two kicks from that scrawny student, it made me wonder...

Just how far away were we from A Class?

The student turned around, pulled out his phone from his back pocket, and presumably checked the time.

"Shit. I'm going to be late now."

Rubbing the back of his head, he walked away.

Yukimura, now able to sit up in my arms weakly, growled.

"Where do you think you're running off to...?!"

The student looked over his shoulder, and leapt from his spot with immense speed and power. He shot out his leg, and I leaned in to cover Yukimura's torso.

Bam!

An unbelievable amount of pain began ringing through my left arm and breasts, as his right foot collided straight into my body.

It felt like a thousand large needles pierced through my flesh and tore apart my nerves into bloody shreds. I screamed and desperately held onto Yukimura's shirt as support.

"SAKIGAMIYA!" He shouted, clutching me. "Are you okay?! Why did you jump in?! That guy's insane! You shouldn't have put yourself in danger for me!!"

I began having difficulty to breathe as the wind was knocked from my chest. Tears welled up in my eyes, blurring my vision. Was this the pain Yukimura was experiencing right now...?

I tried to answer him, but I couldn't. No words would come out after the shock I took.

"Ah, I got my shoe dirty."

The student walked away, not caring one bit at the massive damage he inflicted upon me.

He wasn't kidding... when he said he'd crush anyone... in his way...

I slumped into Yukimura's arms, unable to support myself anymore. The pain continued to bounce throughout my torso, slowly spreading out to my whole body.

Just... just who was he...? Who was that unbelievably powerful man... that not even Yukimura had a chance against in a fight...? He was wearing ordinary school shoes, wasn't he...? He wasn't muscular, was he...? He looked skinny and scrawny... just how did he manage to hurt me that badly...?

I couldn't think anymore, and let my pain consume my consciousness... I clutched onto Yukimura as I closed my eyes. In the end, I had to leave it up to him...