- Part 5 (Nora Takayuki)

"We're going to give Nora-chan a makeover!"

"E-Eh?"

Sakigamiya-san smiled brandishing her assortment of beauty products.

During our long weekend, Sakigamiya-san and Hono-san visited Kou-san's house, which I had recently moved into.

It's a funny story, really... Kou-san had spent most of her points and wanted to buy the house. However, she couldn't afford it, so she began searching for people who would pay half in exchange of living with her.

At the same time, I wanted to move out of the dorm rooms and was pouring over apartments, but the monthly rent wasn't very good... we talked briefly while in the real estate office, and she suggested us living together.

It made sense, since I was one of the few people in E Class with a reasonable amount of points left, around 90,000, and among all the boys, I was probably the most sensible last resort due to my personality. Kou-san said she couldn't rely on anyone else but me since none of her friends had the points necessary to pay for the other half.

Of course, I was scared... a boy and a girl living together seemed a little... perverted. However, the deal wasn't bad. We'd split the pay in half and the house we considered was far away from most other people, which is what I wanted. The single payment was much better than paying rent each month, so...

I reluctantly accepted the deal, and we began living together... at first, it was really embarrassing and I never left my room unless it was important, since I didn't want to disturb her. Though, Kou-san encouraged me to come out more often so she had someone to talk to.

As an extrovert, she actually feels more tired when she's being quiet and not doing anything. It was the opposite of me, since I'm an introvert. However, if we were going to live together, I thought it'd be beneficial to form a good relationship, so I started to be less anti-social.

One thing led to another... and we began referring each other by our first names, Kou and Takayuki. It was the first time I got permission by anyone to call them by their first name. It was also the first time I let anyone use my first name...

It was like making myself vulnerable, which I didn't like... yet at the same time, I kind of liked the feeling of Kou-san calling me by my first name... it made me feel closer to her. It might've felt weird at first, but now it feels... natural.

She introduced me to her friend group, and they welcomed me with open arms. I was really surprised since... most girls would laugh or bully me.

Admittedly, I was... really happy, because for the first time... I had a lot of friends... and a lot of reasons to smile.

It was all thanks to Kou-san... the first person to show me proper kindness. I was scared and worried at first... but now I'm glad that I accepted her offer.

That's why... when Sakigamiya-san, Hono-san and even Kou-san wanted to give me a makeover... I felt like I had no choice but to accept it, because I owe her everything.

"U-um... a makeover?"

"Yes, yes! Nora-chan, you've got such a cute side to you, but you never utilise it! I want to draw out all the cuteness from you!"

Sakigamiya-san was boldly making statements like that. I didn't believe it though, I wasn't cute at all...

"Umm... but isn't my current self fine?"

"No, no. Nora-chan, you can definitely improve your appearance. Your hair isn't combed properly, your skin looks pale, and you're wearing sweatpants. We'll transform your image, I promise!"