- Part 6 (Takanori Yuuto)

It was now June, and a stressful week had gone by since we did the exams. 14 tests were taken, fully marked, and the results were about to be released.

Everyone in E Class sat in dread as Chabashira-sensei indifferently handed out envelopes containing our results. Since it was in gojuuon order, Ayano received his first, followed by Ikesugi and Akihiro.

Ayano opened his envelop and looked over the results. With little change in his reserved facial expression, he folded the paper back up and put them away.

Ikesugi looked at his grades with defeat. It seemed like he didn't do as well as he wanted.

Akihiro opened his letter, hands shaking, and tightly gripped the sheet with the grades on it.

"H-holy crap! I got good grades! Hell yeah!"

Shouting enthusiastically, Akihiro was the first to break the tension as everyone else began to receive their grades.

A letter was dropped on my table. I took it, and opened it.

Takanori Yuuto
Japanese: C+
65% (156/240)
English: A*
98% (157/160)
Math: C-
45% (107/240)
Science: C-
45% (109/240)
History: C-
41% (98/240)
Vanguard: B-
73% (146/200)

I expected all of these results, to be honest. Even though the midterms were harder than usual, since I was an average student, it's no wonder I got a majority C. The only reason why I scored so high on English is because I was fluent in the language, and in Vanguard, I had a lot of prior knowledge about the game.

As I looked over my grades, Yukina approached me with her own grades in hand.

"What are your grades like, Yuu-kun?"

"They're fine, I guess."

"Can't be worse than mine."

Yukina laughed and showed me her grades.

Kazuraba Yukina
Japanese: B
83% (198/240)
English: C-
44% (71/160)
Math: C
50% (120/240)
Science: C
58% (138/240)
History: C
59% (142/240)
Vanguard: C+
65% (130/200)

"That's not bad, considering we weren't going to do well anyways. You did really good in Japanese, though."

"Thank you. I feel a little disappointed from all the C grades, but I'm going to work harder to get better scores on the finals."

The finals were going to be held at the end of this month. Starting to prepare now would be a good idea, as it'd be nearly four weeks of consistent revision. As a courtesy for showing her grades to me, I also showed Yukina my results.

"A*?! What?!"

As she read over my grades, Yukina gasped over my near perfect English score. It wasn't overly impressive, in my opinion.

"Takanori-san got an A*? On what?!"

Sakigamiya scurried over, hearing my achievement. She was a competitive person, so she hated losing to other people.

"English!"

Yukina showed Sakigamiya my results.

"Oh, English..."

Somehow, Sakigamiya's tone was disappointed.

"That's one of the easier A* to get since the test is only out of 160 marks. Still, 157 is quite impressive. I've still yet to beat you, Takanori-san."

"What were your grades, Sakigamiya-san?" I asked.

"Here ya go."

Sakigamiya Alice
Japanese: A+
94% (226/240)
English: B+
86% (137/160)
Math: A-
90% (216/240)
Science: A+
94% (225/240)
History: A
93% (224/240)
Vanguard: B+
88% (176/200)