Chapter 2: Ike-sensei's Lab (Takanori Yuuto)

The air in the school had drastically shifted since we discovered we were in the worst class. Being the establishment of failures, we were harassed daily by other students because of our ranking in the hierarchy.

Even though our student lives have worsened, some students still try to find the good from it all. This morning, I had taken the bus to school with Yukimura and Mitsuba, who for once were also up at the same time as me.

For Yukimura, he was waking up earlier to exercise around the block, but for Mitsuba, it just so happened he stayed up all night doing some perverted activity. I think Mikazuchi-sensei taught us this once, but I don't remember any of it.

Since it was still early, Yukimura decided to swing by to the cafeteria to buy a buttered croissant for breakfast. I was surprised that he still had points to spend freely. That left me and the sleep-deprived Mitsuba to go to class.

As we made our way up the stairs, Mitsuba looked like he was about to collapse at any given moment. I felt a little bad, so I bought him an iced coffee from the vending machine that was close by. It might've been a waste, but it was weird seeing Mitsuba act tired.

"Thanks... Takanori-san..."

Even his voice became lifeless. It was scary to see just how badly Mitsuba was affected by no sleep. He cracked open the can and drank as much as he could to get a hit of caffeine.

"You feeling more awake?"

"Definitely. I got carried away last night."

I doubted he wouldn't repeat the same mistake twice. He was definitely stupid enough to pull another all-nighter. I just hope I won't have to babysit him like this again.

Slapping his cheeks a couple times, he came to his senses eventually, and started to converse in his usual upbeat voice.

"Did you see the post Sakigamiya-san made during the weekend?"

"No, I haven't."

In all honesty, I haven't checked the school forums in ages. I've been preoccupied rereading TOP ever since Yukina came over my dorm room.

"Then I'll show you it, because there's a huge mystery over the girl in the picture."

A girl in the picture? What kind of post was this anyways?

We stopped in the middle of the stairwell as Mitsuba took out his phone. Going to his saved posts, he brought up the one he was referring to.

It was Sakigamiya-san saying she did a makeover on a friend with some attached images. She did a really good job, since I couldn't recognise who the student was.

She had short light brown hair and glasses, which was fairly common, but the difficult part was trying to discern it from roughly sixty-two students, assuming the gender split in our year is equal.

From our class, there were two girls with brown hair, Jomko and Misogi. However, the girl in the photo doesn't look like either of them at all. Jomko had long brown hair, and Misogi didn't wear glasses.

"Hmm... and everyone's been trying to find out who this is?"

"Yep! We nicknamed her the mysterious Cinderella! We were talking about it in the group chat."

I haven't checked that place either in a long time. Me and Mitsuba continued to walk up the stairs.

"Maybe it's a girl that's not from our class?"

"It seems likely. Though, it's become harder to find out who she is ever since the revelation."

I opened up my phone to examine the girl further. Her glasses seemed familiar, like I've seen them somewhere before. I couldn't quite put my finger on it.