- Part 9

At 9pm, on the same day we had gone to the swimming pool, Mitsuba called for me, Yukimura and Tanaka to come to his room.

"That's fine."

I closed my laptop. Taking out the SD card, I buried it inside my drawer. No one was going to ever see what was inside that card, including me. I left my room to go to Mitsuba's dorm, which was room number 110. When I knocked on the door, Tanaka opened it up.

"It's Takanori-san, de gozaru."

I entered the room, greeting them by raising my hand lightly.

The first thing that hit me was the strong smell of salt in Mitsuba's dorm room. Even though he had his window open to let the warm night air in, it didn't remedy it at all. Scattered all over the floor were packets and wrappers of savoury and sweet snacks, and embedded in the carpets were crumbs and leftovers. Even though he had guests over, Mitsuba still didn't bother to clean up after himself.

"Hey, Takanori-san! Aren't you excited?"

Mitsuba span around in his red gaming chair, which must've been expensive. He was sitting in front of his PC, with a 128 GB SD card sitting on the desk.

"I suppose."

"It's good that you're finally learning to become one of us, right, Tanaka-san?"

"Yeah, definitely. The old Takanori-san would've complained about it, but this new Takanori-san joined in without any qualms, de gozaru!"

No, I had plenty of problems with what these three were up to. I even tried to warn them, but it fell on deaf ears, so I was left with no other choice. The fact that Tanaka thought I joined without hesitation showed me that they didn't remember any of what I said at all. It was disappointing.

Somehow, despite eating so much junk food, Mitsuba wasn't fat at all. His metabolism must be really good. It was a complete contrast to Tanaka, who was nearly obese. Even though he was a large guy, he dabbled in otaku hobbies, which made him unpopular. However, both he and Mitsuba shared the same passion of perverted things, so they got along fairly well.

I was going to sit on Mitsuba's bed, but there were scrunched up tissues dotted on the mattress. Considering what kind of guy he was, I didn't want to go anywhere near that mess. Instead, I settled just to sit on the sofa that had his uniform folded haphazardly on top. It was the least dirty place I could sit on.

As I sat down reservedly, a loud bang on the door made Tanaka go open it. Of course, it was Yukimura, who was in his iconic black tracksuit. With a grumpy face, he swiped the tissues on Mitsuba's bed to one side, and laid down on it, kicking up his feet onto his pillow.

"Oi, hurry up and show me the goods. I've been waiting ages to see Sakigamiya-san's full glory."

Even though he was also against it at the start, Yukimura eventually gave into the temptations of man and Mitsuba's heartfelt speech about reclaiming youth. These three were absolutely hopeless.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm on it! Let me put the SD card in first!"

Mitsuba took the SD card on his table and slotted it into his PC. Tanaka watched in anticipation while sitting on the carpet and eating an open bag of chips that was laying on the floor. Dude, that might be expired...

"We're waiting."

Yukimura continued to complain, groaning. Despite being so happy in the morning, his mood seemed to worsen in the evening. I quietly waited for Mitsuba to load up the file on the SD card.

When he opened it up, the screen was blank. There was nothing on the card.

"Eh? Ehhhhhhh?!"

"What now?"