- Part 5

The waiting room was admittedly cozy. Though, without any of our phones or anything to play with in our pockets, it was an incredibly boring wait. Xuelan stood in the corner, overseeing us.

The only entertainment I had was staring at her boobs and getting hard over it.

"Good going getting us both disqualified."

Mitsumori broke the ice between everyone first. It was a weird gathering as we didn't know each other on a personal level.

"How was I supposed to know you could get a pen from the invigilators?!"

"They clearly stated not to talk, whatever the reason."

"And you talked back!"

"To warn you about it!"

"Then it's just bad luck that one of them saw us talk to each other. You can't blame it on me."

"Ugh, and that's the most annoying part of this ordeal. I got myself into this mess by speaking back."

Well, at least he wasn't being arrogant about it. Despite having a white tie, he accepted his mistakes. I respect that.

Still, I didn't feel bad for disqualifying him. Whatever gives E Class the advantage!

"All our cases revolve around talking. I say we discuss and form a defence in our appeal." Daita said.

"What could we even say as a defence...? We might be appealing, but we're appealing to..." Esumi began to shudder.

"The King is... he's... he's like a monster!" Mitsumori spat. "I... I can't breathe or think straight in his presence! It's like a storm absolutely crushes me and thrashes me about like I'm nothing! And I'm A Class for god's sake!"

"N-no way! I c-can't appeal to him! The room drops in temperature when he speaks! I can't, I can't, I can't!" Esumi screamed, curling up.

"Don't worry, we'll be okay. I don't think a King would be that cruel to his subjects." Daita said. "Regardless, if we show no hostility, smile and be open-minded, we'll have a better chance. Freaking out won't help you."

"Daita-san's right... we gotta come up with a strategy. We can't lament over it now. At the very least, I want to overturn Esumi-san's, Kamuro-san's and Daita-san's disqualifications. You guys did your exams at least and are in the lower classes. Me scoring 0 on a single test shouldn't affect me that much, since I'm in A Class." Mitsumori said.

Ah, the martyr type... Wait, what about me?! Don't you wanna overturn my disqualification too?!

"I think you scoring 0 on a test would affect you greater than anyone else, Mitsumori. After all, you're A Class, so you should have "high standards", no?" Kamuro said.

"Heh. I used to think that too, but a guy named Shimada Kuroshi-san in my class has even worse attitude than Kouji-san's. He scores even worse than E Class and bunks lesson all the time. Yet he's in A Class? I dunno how this school works anymore..."

"Huh?! If he really is that bad, why am I stuck in E Class?!"

"Because you can't shut your mouth for a second, you lecherous pervert. Stop staring at that secretary already, you're so obvious." Kamuro hissed.

Yikes, woman... chill, chill! That secretary, Xuelan, laughed slightly.

"I did such a stupid thing..."

Esumi muttered, beginning to cry real tears.

"Why did I say anything... why couldn't I have just waited... now those two hours of work have just been wasted..."