- Part 11

On the day of Operation DPG, I had to figure out a way to stop their plans to peep on the girls. From our conversation a few days prior, I had no choice but to let them enact their plan, which is why I needed to devise a strategy to make sure that SD card containing the recording didn't fall in their hands.

In addition to packing my swimming trunks, goggles, towel, and water bottle that morning, I also packed a blank SD card that I purchased the day before. It was the same type Tanaka had showed me during that conversation. I went the rest of the day pretending to go along with their plan on the surface, but really, I was waiting for the right opportunity to sabotage it.

Originally, my plan was to first confirm that the camera was in the changing room. If it the camera was present, I'd find a chance to take the SD card out myself and replace it with the blank one I prepared. However, I had rightly guessed that Suzuki, who was missing for the majority of the session, was hiding in the changing room. It obstructed me from going to check while everyone was free-playing in the pool.

Luckily, Fujimura tellimg me to go find Suzuki was the perfect excuse to scout the changing rooms. Indeed, there was a small camera set up that the girls didn't notice. I needed to somehow retrieve the data in it, as there were eight possible victims on the SD card. Realising I couldn't do this by myself anymore, I had to get some assistance from a girl, so they could sabotage it on the inside.

I looked at Yukina, who was sitting in a seat.

"How... are you... not tired... from all that?"

She asked me that, panting between her words.

"I am tired."

"You're hiding it... extremely well... then..."

The muscle ache didn't get to me that badly. My throat did feel parched though.

"Want to get a drink?"

"Yes..."

So, me and Yukina left to get our drinks from the lockers. However, I had a favour to ask of her on the way there.

"Yukina-san. Can you hear me out on something?"

"What is it?"

She was fixing her sarong around her waist.

"Slow down and keep your voice hushed."

I instructed her strictly. Yukina raised an eyebrow, but nodded.

"Mitsuba-san and the others are trying to peep on the girls."

Rather than dance around the subject, I told her straightforwardly what Mitsuba was trying to do.

"W-what? No way... how could he do that...?"

Yukina looked frightened after hearing that. It only strengthened my resolve to disrupt their stupid plan.

"Earlier this morning, before anyone else came to the pool, they set up a spy-camera in the girl's changing stall."

"W-wait, how do you know about this?"

Understandably, Yukina was worried that I had this insider knowledge.

"They tried to drag me into their plan. I tried to get them to stop, but it was no use. It was better to let them enact the plan and sabotage it from the inside, since if I refused, they would've just done it behind my back anyways. Pretending I was going along with them gave me the insider information necessary to ask you this favour."

"Do you want me to dismantle the camera?"

As usual, Yukina had already understood what I was going to ask of her.

"Exactly. At the end of the day, make sure you're the last girl in the changing room. In the top left corner of the stall, you should find a small camera. Turn it off and take out the SD card, since it contains all the recorded data inside. Place the camera back in the same spot with a blank SD card I'll give you. That way, when Mitsuba-san goes to retrieve the camera, the SD card he'll get won't have any data on it."

Even though Yukina still looked shaken up that her own classmates were wicked enough to pull this, she simply nodded at my instructions.

"Okay. I can do that."

"Thanks."

Once we reached the changing rooms, I grabbed the SD card from the bottom of my drawstring bag, and discreetly handed it to Yukina. With all the pieces set in place, all I had to do was wait. I couldn't do anything else except pour all my faith into Yukina, who became a reliable partner these last two months.

Due to her interference, we had successfully sabotaged Operation DPG, and saved the girls from being peeped on by the guys. This way, they'd also avoid the repercussions of being found out too. As we walked to the konbini, Yukina handed me the SD card that contained all the data.

"Here..."

"Thanks for the help. I'll be sure to thoroughly dispose of this."

I assured her that as I slipped the SD card into my pocket. Yukina huffed, her face going dark pink.

"I can't believe they tried to do that..."

"I felt the same way when I found out. That's why I could only rely on you for this. If I asked anyone else, they'd call me a pervert."

"Yes, I see that now. Thanks for saving everyone, Yuu-kun."

"I'm not the hero here. You are. It goes without saying, we can't let anyone else know about this."

"I agree. While I don't like their actions, it would ruin their reputation at this school if anyone else found out."

I gazed at Mitsuba, who was at the front of the group, happily talking to Yukimura. I closed my eyes.

"I guess."

When I returned home, I took the SD card out of my pocket. Throwing my bag onto the floor, I opened up my laptop and sat down at my desk. I plugged the SD card into the laptop, and clicked on the video file.

"That's fine."

I closed my laptop. Taking out the SD card, I buried it inside my drawer. No one was going to ever see what was inside that card, including me.