- Part 2 (Kazuraba Yukina)

As class ended, Alice-san, Ria-san, Taiga-san and I were going to walk home together like usual. However, Ria-san noticed that Alice-san was sitting at Yukimura-san's desk, about to start a revision session.

While Ria-san and Taiga-san wanted to join, I felt differently. I was exhausted after today and wanted to return to my room to destress. That's why it was awkward when Alice-san asked me to join them.

"What about you, Yukina-san? You want to join too?"

I scratched my cheek, trying to decide whether this was a good idea or not. On one hand, studying would be beneficial for the midterms, but on the other, I really wanted to take a bath and lie in bed.

"Um, well..."

"If you don't want to, that's fine."

"N-no, it's not like that... it's just, um..."

It was difficult to refuse, since the mood pressured me to join, even though I didn't want to. I wanted to say no, but I was afraid of their reactions if I did so.

However, a warm hand suddenly took my wrist. Looking to my left, Yuu-kun had grabbed it.

"She has plans with me."

W-what was he doing here?! Saying those words, even!

"Let's go."

"E-Eh? Yuu-kun?!"

Flustered, I tried pulling out of his grip, but he held on, giving me a reassuring look in his apathetic eyes. I relaxed slightly as he pulled me away from the situation.

While I was thankful he saved me from having to answer them in an embarrassing manner, Ria-san and Taiga-san began cheering me on, thinking we were romantically involved.

"Woo, Yukina-chan! Have fun on your date~!"

"Take pictures for us!"

"G-guys, it's not what you think!"

I tried to clear up the misunderstanding, but it failed. As soon as we left the class, Yuu-kun let go of my wrist, and returned to hands in his pockets. He usually hid them this way.

"To think you'd come and save me like that... thank you..."

Yuu-kun didn't face me, despite saving me. He was good at reading the room, but he rarely ever acted to save others, unlike Matsushita-san. He slowly turned around, leaning against the wall with a cool look.

"I noticed that you looked uncomfortable."

After some delay, he finally answered. Looking up at me fully, he cleared his throat. He's always been a little awkward, so it's endearing to see him try and be confident.

"It's not like you to go out of your way to help someone else."

"If it's for my partner's sake, then I'll do it."

Those words warmed my heart. This was really uncharacteristic of him, showing care for other people.

"You surprised me with that dramatic entrance as well. I wonder what the others thought about that..."

"Let them think what they want. It can't be helped."

As usual, he acts aloof regarding how others see him. It's always impressed me at how intricately Yuu-kun could read the air... yet, he chooses whether or not to go against it on a whim.

"Well... I'll be off, then?"

As our conversation halted, Yuu-kun shook his head.

"Let's walk home today. There's something I want to talk about."