- Part 8

OST: Summer Time

With everyone done changing, we left the facility feeling alleviated and refreshed. This trip to the swimming pool had turned out to be a fun experience, creating memories that would last us a lifetime. Despite the mixing of groups that don't usually hang out together, we managed to make it work out for everyone involved.

"Hey guys, there's a konbini not too far from here. Wanna go and get ice cream?"

Yukimura suggested a great way to end our session. With no objections, our group made its way to the konbini that was only a few miles away.

Naturally, I walked at the back of the group, avoiding interaction with anyone else. This time though, Yukina was also at the back, handing me an SD card.

"Here..."

"Thanks for the help. I'll be sure to thoroughly dispose of this."

I assured her that as I slipped the SD card into my pocket. Yukina huffed, her face going dark pink.

"I can't believe they tried to do that..."

"I felt the same way when I found out. That's why I could only rely on you for this. If I asked anyone else, they'd call me a pervert."

"Yes, I see that now. Thanks for saving everyone, Yuu-kun."

"I'm not the hero here. You are."

Following the group, we entered the konbini, and rushed around the ice cream corner. Opening the freezer, Yukimura peered inside, grabbing a kakigori with sweet melon syrup.

"Kakigori on a hot summer's day is the best!"

He proudly declared that as Mitsuba shoved him out of the way. Grabbing a strawberry cone, he presented it in front of Yukimura.

"No, no, ice cream cones are the best on a summer's day! You can hold the cone, and eat it afterwards! You can't eat the container of a kakigori!"

"But kakigori is more refreshing than that soft serve! Also, melon is superior to strawberry!"

"You take that back! Strawberry is the ultimate ice cream flavour, everything else sucks in comparison!"

Somehow, even those two could fight over something as simple as ice cream.

"You guys can choose first. We're the elders, so we can wait."

Himeji encouraged us, the first years, to get their ice cream first. Sakigamiya took him on his offer, and perused the options available to her.

Demiza reached in and grabbed a vanilla ice cream that had a shell of chocolate around it, while Hono took a strawberry flavoured ice popsicle. Unexpectedly, Katsumi chose to have a blue raspberry slushie, which could double both as a drink and ice cream. Very creative.

"Aha! Even Hono-san agrees with me, strawberry is superior!"

"They don't even have melon flavoured popsicles, you idiot!"

Nora looked over all the ice cream, seeming mesmerised by it all. It looked like it was the first time he was buying ice cream. Fujimura was trying to not squeal over how cute Nora looked as he innocently picked up different ice creams and read through their descriptions. Suzuki, who was tired of Nora's indecisiveness, grabbed some cola flavoured ice candy, and put it into his hands.

"This one is good. Have it."

"U-um... o-okay..."

"Hey, Mayuri-chan, don't force anything on Takayuki-chan! Let him choose what he wants."