Postscript

Welcome back to Generations. This is Fox, writing an inexplicable postscript in the middle of the night. Are you doing well? I hope so. I also hope that you enjoyed volume 1.5, even though it seems so sudden. In a way, that's because it is.

Originally, I never planned to have a volume 1.5, or any .5 volumes in this story. However, due to final exams coming up, I had to do major revision in order to boost my grades. Since I lose focus easily, I wanted to revise in a way that would both teach me the material and keep my attention.

I decided that a creative outlet to do my revision would be best, since watching videos, reading textbooks, or creating flash cards were boring and tedious to me. As such, I created a collection of stories that took place in GEN Academy that would teach or revise the syllabus, and published them as rough drafts in order to expand the world of Generations for an audience that cared.

In this case, the story revolved around science, since I wasn't doing as well in that subject. I needed to bring in a character that could teach and a character that could learn, while still linking it back to the main story. I didn't choose Takanori, the protagonist, as he didn't fulfil either role due to his average nature. So, I chose the characters Yukimura and Nora to take the spotlight, since one was good at academics, and the other was bad at academics, which is why they are prominent characters in this story.

What I didn't expect was for these rough drafts to do so well. Many people enjoyed it, and tuned in regularly as I posted them, learning alongside me and seeing these characters slowly grow and develop. One fan even dubbed the series "Dr Yukimura", in homage to the science-centric manga Dr Stone. I liked the name so much, it became it's official title, and the title of this volume.

Besides the educational aspect (which is all true! All of the information displayed in this volume is straight out of my revision guides, just restructured so I could remember it!) the stories allowed me to expand the world of GEN Academy and introduce students I've yet to use. Moving away from Takanori's perspective removed the restrictions of his character and gave me more freedom to explore different characters I normally wouldn't in the main storyline. It was refreshing to go wild without any hesitation.

However, disaster struck. Even though I had been preparing for months, due to various circumstances, the exams were cancelled and I was now going to get my grades based on the work I did at school. I wonder, could I submit these drafts to try and increase my science grade...?

All the hard work and effort I put into those drafts had gone to waste. All that time trying to revise science, gone. I tried to express this frustration through Yukimura, who failed to hit the mark when it came to his midterms, because in my own science mock exams, when I got my results, they weren't as good as I thought they'd be, despite my constant studying.

Now I had no idea what to do with these stories. I was using them for the sole purpose of revision, but now that it didn't matter, I was stuck. Should I just let them... sit there? Forget that they ever existed? Say it's non-canon? It felt like a waste if I did that though. There were many great ideas and introductions to important characters.

Then, it hit me.

I had created enough content to turn it into a volume, so I could compile all these chapters, polish them up, and recycle it into an impromptu volume 1.5! The very first .5 volume of Generations! That's right, this volume takes place between volume 1 and 2 (with the exception of chapter 9) and shows the missing battle of the students going into their first midterms!

Since I got this idea during April, and May was just around the corner, I decided to release this volume on the 1/5/20 (May 1st) to pay homage to it's volume number (1.5). I'm a genius, aren't I?