Chapter 3: The Biology of Unexpected Relationships (Nora Takayuki)

It was Sunday. A peaceful Sunday where I could take my mind away from all the troubles at school. After that close call in Ike-sensei's lab, I...

There's no point in thinking too much about it... it shouldn't be a surprise that Hideaki-onii-sama had a girlfriend. He was always popular with the ladies. It was likely that I'd run into one of his exes here. 

I was thinking about what I would do today. Since Kou-san was out today, probably at the gym, I had the whole house to myself. I decided to take some time to destress and read a book to pass the time. I should've been studying, but... I didn't have the spirit to after what happened back there.

Plus... I really wanted to read volume 9 of TOP, because me and Takanori-kun were able to talk to each other more because we both read it. One day, I want to be as smart and cool as Kiyotaka.

That was my plan for this healing Sunday. Until...

Pin-pon. The doorbell rang. My heart began racing as my anxiety started to clawed at my chest. I started asking questions to myself in paranoia. Who could be there? Why did they know where I live? Did I ask someone to come over?

Not knowing who was behind the door... it terrified me.

I braced myself and cautiously walked down the stairs. Each step felt stressful, filled with unreasonable fear. I was shaking, even though I held onto the railing tightly.

I stumbled towards the door and opened it slowly.

"H-hello...?"

I was immediately relieved, seeing that it was just Yukimura-kun standing at the front door. He was in his casual clothes, a black Abibas tracksuit. My heart calmed down and I opened the door fully. With the extended view, I saw he had a bag around his shoulders.

"Hey, Nora. Can you teach me about the girl's body?"

I looked blankly at Yukimura-kun. This is science related... right? In the first place... I don't know much about the female form either, so um...

"Why... didn't you just message me?"

"I was gonna head over to your place anyways to study anyways."

"But... why my place...?"

"Dude, look at how much more comfy this place is. I'd learn way better in a nice environment like this than in my cramped room. It smells like sweat and socks in there, even after I sprayed cans of air fresheners."

I think that's a you problem, Yukimura-kun...

Yukimura-kun walked in, took off his shoes and plopped his bag on the table in the living room.

"Anyways, I brought my science text book. I'm stuck on the biology section."

"It's good that you have an interest in science now, Yukimura-kun. Biology, hm? Which unit?"

"Homeostasis and hormones."

"Ah, this is why you were asking about the girls body earlier..."

"Yeah, so can you help me out? Damn, it's warm in here."

Yukimura-kun sat down and unzipped his jacket. I opened up the window to let the fresh spring air in.

"Well, to be honest... I don't know anything about girls bodies either..."

"Huh? The super smart genius of our class doesn't know about a girl's body? Ha ha ha, what the hell?! I thought you were super good at science!"

I felt hurt by his laughter. It made me like I was worth nothing. Or perhaps, that was the truth...