Chapter 9: Swimming Pool (Takanori Yuuto)

As May took its exit, June replaced it in fashion. Now that the summer months were here, the opportunity to create vivid memories with your friends in the last stage of our youths did as well. Once we graduate from GEN Academy, we'd never get another opportunity like it.

On an excruciatingly hot weekend, some of the guys in E Class made a plan to spend it at the Drachma Red recreational indoor swimming pool facility. Surprisingly, I wasn't left out for once, as Yukimura and the others invited me to join them. I couldn't refuse after waiting this long for an opportunity like this. Plus, on this sweltering hot day that reached nearly thirty degrees, taking a dip in a cold swimming pool sounded unbelievably refreshing.

In the group chat, Yukimura, Mitsuba and Tanaka informed me and Nora that they had already left earlier in the morning to go to while it wasn't crowded. It was a good idea, since now that it was summer, these types of facilities that weren't normally used often, were beginning to become popular among students. However, I wasn't committed to waking up that early, so I decided to go more closer to noon when the temperature would become hotter.

I packed in a drawstring bag my black swimming trunks that I recently bought online. It had a dynamic orange highlight on one of the sleeves, which I quite liked. I also packed a plain towel to dry myself off, a bottle of water, and some swimming goggles to wear. With that, I went downstairs to the dormitory lobby, where Nora was waiting for me. Just like me, he wasn't fond of going so early, but he didn't want to go alone either, so we made plans to go together.

As I waited for the elevator to arrive, I watched the CCTV recording of the elevator that was displayed on the screen fixed in the corner of the hallway. To my surprise, there was a small group of girls in there, all from E Class. From the footage, I could see Yukina, Sakigamiya and Katsumi. When the elevator landed on my floor, the girls were also surprised to see me there.

"Morning, Takanori-san!"

Even though she was surprised, Sakigamiya greeted me brightly. I assumed they were going out today as well, since they were in their casual clothing. Yukina had a summer dress on, Sakigamiya wore crop top and jean shorts, and Katsumi was in a tracksuit. Each girl held a colourful plastic bag with towels peeking out at the top.

"Morning, Sakigamiya-san."

I boarded on the elevator and stood around at the back. The girls, obviously curious about my uncharacteristic outing, struck up a conversation with me.

"Yuu-kun, you have plans for today?"

"Yeah. Me and Nora-san were going to go to the pool."

"Oh? We were also going to the pool today."

The girls going to the pool... it sounds like a disaster, considering Yukimura, Mitsuba and Tanaka were also there. I wonder what kind of lecherous things they'd do to them in their minds if they saw them in swimsuits. No, even in their casual clothes, their imagination would go wild.

"Strange coincidence."

"Hey, maybe you two should join us! Though, Ria-san, Taiga-san, Shouko-san and Mayuri-san are also coming."

Sakigamiya suggested that with a bright eyed smile. It seems that the girls brought an even bigger posse than the boys, as it was the five of us compared to the seven of them.

"Actually..."

Before I could inform them that Yukimura and the others were also there, the elevator reached the ground floor. I missed my chance to respond as we exited into the lobby.

"There you guys are! You're late!"

"Finally. We waited a long time, you know."

In the lobby, the gyaru of E Class, Fujimura and Suzuki, greeted Yukina, Sakigamiya and Katsumi rather harshly. I trailed behind them, trying to find Nora. Though, I found him rather easily, just in awkward position. Nora was sitting on the sofa, sandwiched between Fujimura and Suzuki, looking bashful from the two beauties squeezing him in. When our eyes met, he sprung up and ran over to me, smiling in relief.

"Takanori-kun!"

"Hey."

I greeted him by lightly putting up my hand. Nora waved slightly.

"It was a good thing we had Takayuki-chan to keep us company."

Fujimura smiled, pointing at Nora. Ever since he's changed appearance, she's really grown fond of him.

"What's he doing here? I've never seen his face outside of school. I thought he was some loner."

Obviously, Suzuki was referring to me. Fujimura made a disgusted face.

"Ew, yeah. Are we playing with Takanori too? Like, I'm fine if Takayuki-chan joins, but him..."

"Takanori-san's harmless, you guys. Besides, he was originally going to the pool with Nora-chan today."

Sakigamiya covered for me, thankfully. However, Fujimura snapped back.

"Can't we just ditch him? I don't want a creepy guy like him to see me in my swimsuit..."

"I didn't know you guys were going today as well..."

Even though I tried to respond, Fujimura exasperatedly sighed.

"Hmph."

"F-Fujimura-san... I know you want to go with the pool with me, but... I wanna go with Takanori-kun..."

Nora, bravely speaking up, hid behind me while expressing his feelings.

"Oi, I told you to call me Shouko!"

"A-ah, umm... s-sorry, Shouko-san..."

Even if it was something as trivial as how Nora addressed her, Fujimura cared more about that over my existence.

"Ahh, it can't be helped. If Takayuki-chan wants to be with Takanori, then I guess he can come too."

Giving in, Fujimura picked up her colourful plastic bag and approached our group. Suzuki followed with her own belongings.

"Awesome! I can't wait to go to the pool together with you guys!"

Even though neither me or Nora confirmed joining then, Sakigamiya had dragged us into it. Due to our passive natures, me and Nora simply accepted this outcome, and due to our social incompetence, we failed to inform them about Yukimura, Mitsuba and Tanaka's appearance at the pool.

Though, it's safe to assume that Hono and Demiza, who Sakigamiya listed off as part of their group, was already at the pool. If anything, it'd be them to message the girls that those boys were here as well.

Just as we were about to leave, with Fujimura and Suzuki flanking Nora's sides to prevent him from talking to me, Fumio's aide, Himeji Kazuto, approached our group as he came out of the dorm's garden, sweating.

"Phew! Planting those heirloom tomatoes were hard work!"

He grinned, wiping the mud off his cheek. Following him were three other E Class students, similarly sweating and also covered in mud. Sakigamiya, who fronted the group, greeted him.

"Morning Kazu-kun!"

"Hey, Sakigamiya-san! That's a huge group you got there."

"Oh, yeah, we're going to the pool today!"

"Ehh? Seriously, that sounds awesome! Guys, we should go today too!"

Turning around to the three students that were helping him in the garden, they nodded their heads in approval.

"Awesome! See you soon then?"

"For sure! Let's get packed you guys!"

I sighed, trailing the group at the back as we left the dorm complex. Somehow, what should've been five friends messing about in the swimming pool, became a melting pot of E Class students gathering together in order to cool off in this extremely hot day.