Omake SS Takanori Yuuto: E Class plays Among Us

After a gruelling series of midterm exams, it was finally the weekend.

While most other people would spend their evening going out and playing with their friends, I spent my time lounging around in my dorm room, reading light novels like I usually did.

However, my plans for the evening was cut short when I received a mysterious message from Yukina on the school app.

"Yuu-kun, do you want to play Among Us with me?"

Seeing that game's name, a flood of suppressed memories came to my head.

Since everyone in class started playing it, I downloaded it as well, in the hopes of joining them. I thought that it would be my ticket out from being a loner. Despite that, no one wanted to invite me to their games due to the ten person limit.

We could only make two lobbies at most as there were twenty five students in the class. This meant five of us had to be left out.

Luckily, Kouji, Rinbayashi, and Nora didn't play, so it reduced our count to twenty two. Then, on the rare days she did come to school, Kita said she wasn't interested in playing. To my surprise, Ayano and Ikesugi played.

This left twenty one students to play the game, which meant one of us had to be left out.

As expected, that person was me.

I would say I was upset, but I saw it coming. Even if Yukina or Yukimura hosted the game, I wouldn't get a chance to ask if I could join, as the riajuu would hoard around them like leeches and fill the lobby in seconds.

As a result, the only times I've been able to play the game was on public lobbies... and it was as depressing as you would imagine.

It seemed that, since they couldn't find a tenth player, as a last resort, they forced Yukina into inviting me. I mean, who else would do it? Aside from Nora, no one else had my contact info.

I sent a swift reply and hopped on my laptop. In this game of Among Us, I'll show them not to mess with me.

I opened the school app on my laptop, and was added to a server named "E Class" I'd never seen before. From the whisperings I've heard in class, I always suspected a group like this existed, but they purposefully hid it from me for some reason.

Even Kouji, the most anti-social student in our class, was added to the server before I was. This was blatant exclusion.

I didn't understand why I was so disliked in the class. Even though I try my best to stay out of other people's way, they were adamant on keeping things related to the whole class a secret from me.

It wasn't the first time I've been ostracised from groups like this before though. The same things happened to me in middle school. People knew to ignore me since I was a loner, so being excluded from the E Class server didn't hurt me as much as I thought it would.

Sure, I was a little bitter, but as the social outcast, it was inevitable. I'm numb to the pain now, so I should suck it up and be glad I was finally added to the group.

I was pinged to a channel and scrolled down to it. When I entered it, the first thing I saw was Yukimura badmouthing me.

"I can't believe we're actually going to let that fucking loser play"

Sakigamiya also chimed in.

"Right? I'm gonna kick him after tonight lol"

"Lmaooo I still can't believe we forgot to add him"

Nora sent a message after Yukimura.

"Takanori-san's in the server now, you two really shouldn't be saying that kind of stuff..."