- Part 3 (Kawaguchi Masaru)

It was a slow school day today. Nothing interested was happening, since everyone was stressing over the exams. It felt like a waste, since it was just midterms. The finals were actually something worth stressing over, not this.

I walked back to class with my hands in my pockets after finishing my lunch. E Class was mostly empty as usual, since everyone was hanging out with their friends and stuff. Two of the big 3 loners were here, unsurprisingly.

Kouji sat at the back, sleeping lunch away, while Takanori was reading some book. Ikesugi's the odd one out, since he's probably gone to play basketball or something. All three of these guys are pretty solitary in their own right.

Kouji doesn't want any friends or communication. He just ignores everyone around him. Takanori can talk... but he's a complete socially awkward nutcase. Ikesugi doesn't hold back regarding his opinions. Pretty sure he's said some snarky remarks to the girls which made them hate him.

At one of the tables, I saw Yukimura and Nora sitting together with some books open.

"Hey you guys."

"Huh? Kawaguchi, sup."

I offered my fist, and Yukimura fist-bumped me.

"What are you two doing out here? Wouldn't the library be better to study?"

"Mikitaka and his crew raided the place, so me and Nora left to study here."

"Unfortunately..."

Nora mumbled, so I couldn't hear what he said after. I pulled up a seat and sat down.

"So, what you studying?"

"Physics."

"Seriously? Dude, your score on science sucked."

"That's why I'm revising, idiot."

At least he's trying to improve. I smiled and laughed.

"Yeah, yeah. Want me to help? I got a good score."

"What the hell did you even get?"

I cast my mind back to the mock exam. I thought hard and long but...

"I completely forgot! It was more than yours, though."

"You little-"

Yukimura balled up his fist with his pen and nearly hit me with it. However, Nora cut in.

"He got 10."

"What? That's only 3 more than me! Bwa ha ha ha!"

Yukimura put his pen down. Thanks for the save Nora.

"Since my score sucked too, I want in."

"I-I don't think I can teach two people..."

"Have some know confidence. You're smarter than both of us, so it'll rub on us eventually."

Nora was an academic beast. Second best to Sakigamiya. Though, Sakigamiya makes it look easy. She's never seen revising, but instead socialising with others. Nora on the other hand is always reading books and doing homework.

Then there was me and Yukimura. We were pretty alike. We both cram the day before the exam. We both don't really care and just take it easy in lesson. Though, I seem to remember more than he does.

"Why're are you hanging with us anyways? Don't you and Ishima usually play Vanguard?"

"Aki's talking to his sister about something."

"Ho? I still find it funny he got dumped in E Class while his sister is in A Class. She has a cute face, won't lie."

"Let's not talk about girls... focus on our studies..."