Chapter 5: Chemistry Between the Two of Them? (Yukimura Fudou)

Ike-sensei finished his science lesson today and packed up. Since it was the final period, we could go home.

I slumped on the table, mouth open like an idiot.

"What the hell...?" I muttered.

I didn't understand any of it. It was science, wasn't it...? Damn, I hate chemistry!

Sakigamiya walked up to me and laughed.

"Your face is priceless."

"You picking a fight?"

"No, not particularly."

I grumbled, staring at my blank notebook. Sakigamiya could be cheeky when she wanted to.

"Seriously, I don't get how people write and pay attention at the same time."

"Personally, I'm glad that you didn't fall asleep for once. You really like science, don't you!"

"H-huh? No I don't. I'm only doing this because I don't want to be in E Class anymore."

"Then, let's have another study session right now."

Huh? She's being serious?

Sakigamiya pulled up a zabuton and sat down at my cruddy chabudai.

Oh wow, she's being serious...

"You sure? You can home if you want. I can struggle through it later."

"I can't risk you not understanding it. You're actually making progress, unlike some people..."

Sakigamiya cast a glance at the back of the room.

The back of the class was crowded with dumbasses, like those loners Kouji and Takanori. There was also the bully, Yamaguchi and the gyaru, Fujimura.

I turned my attention back to the stunning goddess in front of my eyes, Sakigamiya. I didn't have a give damn about those guys, or anyone else, as long as she was here with her cute smile.

Sakigamiya's friends, Hono, Demiza and Kazuraba strolled over to our table, with Hono asking Sakigamiya a question.

"Alice-chan, are you not going to come with us?"

"No, sorry. I want to help Yukimura-kun today!"

Today really is a good day!

"A study session, huh? Is it alright if I join you?" Hono said.

"Me too, me too!" Demiza said.

"Yeah, sure! The more the merrier!"

Woah... I was going to be studying surrounded by cute girls! Today really is my lucky day!

Heh, finally, life's turning in my direction.

"What about you, Yukina-san? You want to join too?" Sakigamiya said.

Kazuraba scratched her cheek and thought about it.

"Um, well..."

"If you don't want to, that's fine."

"N-no, it's not like that... it's just, um..."

"She has plans with me." Takanori said, grabbing her by the wrist. "Let's go."

"E-Eh? Yuu-kun?!"

Kazuraba was as shocked as me... what the hell was that guy doing? He's getting in my way.

Takanori pulled Kazuraba away, which made Hono and Demiza start cheering Kazuraba on.

"Woo, Yukina-chan! Have fun on your date~!"