Insecure

We get to the studio and I go pass the reporters with everyone close behind me. Once we get upstairs I go to Emily and Michelle's office. Only Michelle was in there.
"Yo Michelle"
"Oh hey Henry"
"where Emily?"
"she's getting a drink with West. You know how they're all over each other now"
"word. I have a song for the small group and then we finished the challenge."
"perfect. Can I hear it?"
"for sure"

I play the beat and she really bopping to it. I must be good.
"Im impressed. We have to get this done now this can change internationals for us. You can go to Lost and Found now and can get someone to help you personally"
"thanks Michelle. I'll go now. Who is it?"
"you'll see. Now go"

I leave the office telling Noah why I'm going. He wishes me good luck and I set off.

When I get into Lost and found the is great as usual. Mr T comes and he tells me he knows about it. He said the guys waiting for me in the booth. I remember the way so I walk there. When I'm there there's a guy on the guitar just jamming and writing stuff down.

"Hey I'm Henry. Michelle sent me here"
"Oh you Henry. Great. I'm John"
"do you write music?"
"yep. I need to listen to your whole instrumental and then I can see your lyrics. I perfect your lyrics then we record so sit with me"

I walk around to the chair next to him and we start to talk

"So what do you plan on naming this song"
"Insecure"
"and why?"
"it's of a person who's way too nervous and shy because they're scared. I just want them to let it all go and be there self"
"wow that's deep"
I chuckle at that
"So Henry let's listen to your beat"

I play it for him and he had the same reaction Michelle had.

"great for a dancer. I heard your song with the Noah aswell your good"
"thanks"
"you got lyrics yet?"
"yep"

I show him the lyrics and he nods.
"it's good. I don't know much about dance but Michelle taught me a bit. What type of dance is this"
"contemporary hip-hop fusion"
"OK. Its a bit hard hitting. We can slow some of it down like at the second verse. The chorus is perfect. First verse perfect. A few edits with effects and it'll be done"
"great"
"now while I'm here are you the guy on the news with all the stuff going on right now"
"yeah. Alot of stuff has happend"
"I'm sorry for your loss"
"thanks"
"let's get started"

John and I sit there for a whole hour working through the lyrics. It's fluid. He's a great song writer and a great singer so we click. Eventually we spend another hour running through it and getting everything perfect. Then we go back to the booth and we start recording.

3 hours after I first arrive. We finished it. Its everything I wanted it to be.
"your a natural"
"thanks. You really helped me out"
"Michelle asked me and I'd do anything for her"
"that's nice. So your getting a date out of this?"
"yep"
"figured"
"I've sent everything to Michelle. Now everything's done but I have one question."
"yeah what's up?"
"the story of the song? Who was it about?"
"it was about Jacquie. She used to be shy around me and then when she loosened up we had so much fun. I guess that's our love story"
"young love. So cute... Isn't that the same Jacquie you know live with who also broke up with you on Instagram and got back together with a few weeks ago"
"yep like I said. Lots of stuff happend"
"interesting life though. Well bro I guess this is where we part"
"thanks so much"
"no problem. With this song you'll kill at the competition"
"of course. Good luck on your next gig"
"thanks. See you around Henry"
"you too"

I leave lost and found and go back to Michelle. Emily's back with West. Everyone's with Daniel working on the semi finals routine because apparently
"repition equals precision"

I go to Michelle and I ask
"You get it?"
"yep ill play it now"

My song starts playing and its even better than when I was singing it

When the song finishes Emily claps.
"that is actually one fk the best songs I've ever heard. And obe heard alot of songs. Good job. You impressed me."

Well that's something I thought I'd never hear before. West said it was great and Michelle just clapped.
"shall we test it out" West asks
"we shall" Michelle says. We all walk out the office.
"OK guys that was great. Can the small group come to the centre and everyone else sit down and rest" Michelle says

"Ok guys we want you to run through the small group with your choreo to this song Henry made" Emily says

They all nodded. Michelle connects her phone to the speaker and the song blasts out. They run through the choreo and it's almost perfect. The storyline I had and the story line they had is almost similar.
"nice" Daniel says staring at them.

Dont be so
Don't be so
Don't be so
Don't be so insecure
You know that I'm all yours

Everyone claps.
The choreo fits and the songs fire. My jobs done.
"that was amazing. Few more rehearsals that will be clean crisp. Song fits well nice one" Daniels says.

"OK rehearsals done. You done well today. The people on the small group I have sent the song to you. Practise switch something up if you have to just make sure it's all nice and ready and you know the choreo inside out" Michelle says

"nice one guys you can go" Emily says.
Everyone congratulates me on making the song and it feels good. Music's another way of expressing myself and this is my best song yet. Michelle also sent me the song so I'm going to be listening to it for a long time.

When Richelle, Noah, Jacquie and I are driving I connect the aux and play it. The speakers boom at every effect and its amazing.

Richelle dropped us off and Noah was making lasagna from this new recipe. I got changed and so did Jacquie. I went to her room and knocked as usual.
"Come in. Oh Henry what's up"
"nothing just dropping in" I say sitting down on the floor
"well I'm good" she chuckles
"did you like the song" I ask
"of course. I didn't knoe you could sing like that now"
"adult voice came in"
She laughs at my joke
"what was your insperation"
"you"
"me?"
"it was based off when we were kids and then one time I told you-"
"to loosen up and let my insecurities go"
I stand up and she stares at me
"that's the nicest thing anyone's done for me. Thanks Henry"

She runs in and hugs me.
"no pro-" I'm cut off by her pecking me on the lips. The laying hr head in my chest once again.
"IT'S READY" Noah shouted
"your on" Jacquie and I both say indicating a race was gonna happen. That's how close we are. We know our thoughts. She's perfect.