The real pan

Brooklyns P.O.V

I ate my food in silence. All the other lost boys talked and laughed and cheered. Pan sat and watched the rest of the boys, he had a small smile on his face. This was his family. No-one else. Just them. When they had finished their food they danced around the fire and cheered. Pan started to play his flute and all of a sudden, something burst through me. Something happy that wasn't there before. I slowly started to dance around the fire with them. My pace got quicker and quicker. For the first time in a long time; I felt excepted and I felt like I believed  more than I ever had before.

When all the lost boys had tired out everyone retired to their tents, including my friends. They seemed to be enjoying it here and were getting along really well with Thomas. I had wandered a bit until I found a really cosy looking bit of grass. I lay down and closed my eyes. When I woke up it was dark, but it was obviously morning. I sat up when I heard a stick snap. I looked around and at first; no one was to be seen. Until I turned my head back to look straight forward. He was stood directly in front of me. He was squatting so he would be at my level.

"I thought after sleeping in an actual room, you wouldn't care about sleeping in a tent." He said.

"I told you. I don't want to sleep inside. I don't want to share with some random dude!" I said groggily.

He chuckled "you're a stubborn one aren't you? You were fine a night ago when you slept in the tree house"

"Yea, but that was a proper house. And I was tired. I would've been asleep if you'd have left me alone" I started to stand up.

"A tents not good enough, eh?" He asked.

"The floors good enough!" I said starting to laugh a little.

"Well, there are dangers out here and it's not like you can leave the island without my permission." He raised an eyebrow.

"Who says I want to leave?" I asked. He laughed and then disappeared. I walked back to camp and all the lost boys were outside messing around. Thomas was play fighting with another boy with some wooden swords, Julie watched him as the boy took more and more hits from thomas . Paige was watching someone else play fighting. I walked around so I could get to know some of them. There were a few that seemed a bit sketchy but others were nice. I talked to felix, I couldn't make my mind up about him, he seemed okay but there was something weird about him. I liked slightly-i think he was my favourite. James was quite nice. I was about to go to someone else when a voice called out.

"Do you want to play?" I turned around to see pan stood there with his arms crossed. Some of the other lost boys were smiling.

"What?" I asked.

"You seemed interested in what they were doing," he gestured to the boys, who were still fighting."I thought you might want a go. Especially if you're sleeping outside." He picked up a bow and handed it to me as well as a quiver. It was fully stocked with arrows that were hand made. For a weapon, it Was beautiful. I stood there staring at it, I couldn't help smiling just a little. I could feel a smile forming on his face without even looking.

"I'll give it a shot" I chuckled. He pointed to a painted target on the tree.

"Shoot at that. You hit the target three times, you can stay outside. You miss, you stay in a tent." He said.

"Fine". I stood sideways. Took an arrow from the quiver. I knocked the arrow onto the arrow, lifted my arm, aimed, pulled my right arm back and released.... bang! It hit the target. Bang! Bang! Three bulseys.

"I win." I said calmly and slightly coldly. I looked at pan and the lost boys. They all looked kinda shocked.

"Very well, you can sl-" he stopped. Looked up. Something was wrong.

"Some one is trying to leave the island. Felix. We need to get to the beach. NOW!" Felix started to walk in the direction of the beach.

"Go to my tree house and wait there." He told me.

"NO! I WANT TO COME!" I shouted at him. Everyone had gone to their tents and left me and pan to talk.

"I WILL NOT BE BOSSED AROUND BY A LITTLE GIRL!" He shouted back.

"That's offensive. I'M NO LITTLE GIRL. I WON'T BE PUSHED AROUND BY A BOY!" I shouted back. His voice went cold.

"It's my island. You will do as I say!" I didn't like this side of him. It's nothing like what I've heard about him. Without speaking I ran off in he direction of the tree house. I hid behind a tree and waited for him to go. When I was sure he had left; I ran to the beach. I got to the beach and stood behind a tree and watched. All of the girls had fled the beach except one. Jamie! Pan was already stood right behind her. I just stood there and watched. He tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around and looked terrified.

"What are you doing girl?" He asked.

"I need to leave the island. I don't believe in magic. I'm not allowed." She said.

"Don't believe in magic? This entire island is magic." He said laughing.

"I am not allowed to believe in magic!" She said.

"I'll show you some magic" he said with a devilish grin. With that, he reached into her chest and pulled out a beating heart. She looked at it with fear. Then. He crushed it. He squeezed the heart into dust. Jamie fell to her knees.

"NO!" I scream. I ran to her side but it was too late. She was gone.

Peter's P.O.V

Brooklyn stood up. She faced away from me for  a few seconds before turning around and running at me. She went to hit me on the chest but I grabbed her fist. The look on her face was shear dread. That actually kind of hurt me. No! I can't let her get to me! I'm the bad guy. She can accept it or not. I don't care.

" you didn't even know her name!" She shouted through tears. I felt kind of bad about that. I never thought about it before. What  was I thinking!

"it doesn't matter! She tried to leave my island without permission." She couldn't even look at me. She looked at the ground and I could tell that she was holding back tears.

"I thought you didn't cry." I said.

"I don't! I'm not crying!" She managed to get loose of my grip and run. I followed her and decided that If I flew I would get ahead of her. I landed directly in front of her. She ran right into me knocking us both over. I started to laugh but she still wasn't happy. I waved my hand and she fell asleep. I picked her up and carried her to the tree house. I wished a bed for her and there it was. I put her down and left her be.