The light side of pan

Brooklyn's P.O.V

I slept well through the night, now that I had spoken to pan. The fact that he was in the room probably helped because could keep me safe. He had told me to go to the camp, so I could see my friends. When I arrived at the camp ground some of the boys had eaten and were already play fighting with each other, swinging their sticks at each other. I sat on my usual log and grabbed a plate of food. I looked around at my new family. These were  the people I would spend the rest of my childhood with. Forever. These were now my brothers. I looked over at another log and saw Julie. She was sat next to Thomas, I mean right next to him. They were really close. I could see something was going on, which made me smile. Paige was also quite close to another boy, what was his name? Alex! That was his name. She looked quite happy to be with him. She saw me looking at them and started to walk towards me.

"Hey, paigie pan!" I laughed.

"Hey" she laughed. She loved that nickname, it was kind of ironic here.

"What's going on with Julie and Thomas? " I asked her.

"I moved out of their tent because they were happy together and I got along better with Alex anyway. They seem quite close though, which is nice." She smiled.

"Anyway. Where have you been? You just kind of dissappeared after the thing with Georgia." She asked. A smile formed on my face slowly. She smiled back.

"I'm staying in the tree house with Pan. He doesn't trust me to let me go by myself. So that's where I sleep. I guess we've all found different places to sleep." I laughed.

"Yeah, guess so. But you seem to have found comfort quickly." She nudged me.

"Ow! Pan just said I was different to you. And like i said, he doesn't trust me not to run away again. So its probably best for all of us. I don't want him to hurt you or julie" I started getting a little serious with that thought. She gave me a slightly sad smile. Then pan appeared behind us.

"Brooklyn, come with me." There was something happy in his voice. Something proud.

"Well, I'll see you later brooklyn" Paige said, standing up to go back to Alex.

"Catch you later, paigie pan." I laughed. I turned around to find a confused look on Pans face.

"Paigie pan?" He asked. That made us both laugh. Me more than him just because it's funny listening to him say it.

"It's my nickname for her. I've done it for a while." I told him. He smiled at that then grabbed my hand and started to walk off into the jungle in the direction of the tree house.

"Where are we going?" I chuckled.

"Wait and see!" We stumbled over roots and rocks until we got to the tree house. "Close your eyes" he told me. I looked at him first, then closed my eyes.

"Open them!" He whispered in my ear. As I opened my eyes I was looking up at the ceiling of the tree house.

"Oh my god. What...? When...? Why...?" He laughed at me as I stumbled over my words.

"First of all, it's a window. Second of all, I did it while you were at the camp. And finally, I did it for you. I know how much you like to look at the moon and stars, so I put a window in the roof so you could still see the stars. I figured, if I'm not letting you stay outside then I would at least put in a sky window for you." He smiled.

Peter's P.O.V

She seemed so happy. The shine in her eyes was even brighter. The smile on her face grew bigger by the second. She was at a loss for words.

"Thank you, Peter! It's amazing! You're amazing!" Those words were amazing coming from her. What was I doing? It's like I don't even have control over myself! I walked towards Brooklyn and she turned around. We stood inches apart. I stared at her and she stared back. Then something came over me. I leant forward and closed the gap between us with a kiss.