Caged friend

We walked back to camp in silence. Felix went to talk to me a few times, but stopped as if he didn't know what to say. When we reached camp I walked away from felix and pan and sat in front of the fire. I watched the fire and warmed my hands.

Slightly came and sat next to me.

"Hey slight."

"Hey Brooklyn, what's wrong?" I shighed.

"I don't know." I put my head on his shoulder.

"Brooklyn. You can tell me. I'm your friend and I'm here to listen."

"I'm turning into pan. I don't want to, but I am. I fear there's nothing I can do to stop it. I think I'm just going to slip away and the darkness will take me."

"You won't be taken by darkness. You're too bright for that" I looked at him and smiled.

"Come on, you look like you could do with some fresh water.we can go to the lake and get you some." He said.

He stood up and I followed him. It was a short walk to the lake. It was the same lake that I had been to with peter. Don't think about him. You're here with a good friend and that's all that matters. Slightly took his flask out and went and filled it up. He came back over to me and handed me the flask. I took it and took a swig. It tasted so good, clean, it tasted perfect. I offered it to slightly and he took it and took a sip.

"Hey slight?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks. For being such a good friend. I've met the others and they're nice, but I've liked you since I met you. You are such a great friend. I'm glad we're friends." He smiled. I pulled him into a hug. He pulled away and looked at me, then he kissed me.

"So. Apparently my lost boys can't contain themselves. I guess I will have to take care of this." Pan said stepping out from the shadows.

"Peter, this isn't what it looks like."

"No, I think this is exactly what it looks like. I have a traitor."

"Pan, it was all my fault. Brooklyn had nothing to do with it."

"Slightly, don't." I told him.

"Oh don't worry, it wasn't her I was going to punish." Pan told us.

"Pan, please." I looked at him, but he ignored me.

"Now I won't kill you. I don't tend to kill my lost boys. This was still a crime so guess where your going. The cages."

"Pan. It was a mistake." Slightly said.

"I don't care. You're going to the cages and that's final." With that he waved his hand and slightly disappeared.

"Why Pan?"

"Because, he knows the rules. He knows what he can and can't do. At least I only put him in the cage, I could have killed him. Do you know why I saved him?"

"No."

"I saved him for you. He's your friend and I could see that. I knew it wasn't your fault and I could see that it was his."

"So you threw him in a cage?"

"Would you rather I kill him?"

"No!" He smirked. I smiled. I wish he wouldn't do that.
"Boys" I rolled my eyes. I headed towards camp. Pan appeared about half way to camp.

"So. You're good with a bow, are you good with a cross bow?"

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"Guess we will see" he said and disappeared. I really wish he wouldn't keep disappearing.