Friend or foe

So, there it was. I just descended to my doom. Hook had told me that he will keep the ship there so that I would always have somewhere to go. He kept the cloaking spell on the ship as Pan would still be on the lookout for him. I walked along the beach, getting further and further away from the ship, not looking back once.

I walked along the beach for ten minutes. I came to a sudden stop when I heard a rustling sound coming from a bush. I drew my sword and pointed it towards the bush.

"WHO GOES THERE?" I shouted. With that, a boy stepped out from behind the bush with his hands raised. He is about my height, slightly taller by about an inch. I can't see his face as it is hidden by his hood. All I can see of his face is his mouth and chin. "Who are you?" I said firmly.

"J-jonathan" he said. "Can you help me?"

"What do you want? Why do you need help, you look like a lost boy. Shouldn't Pan be able to help you?"

"No, he's gone crazy!"

*Flash back* third person P.O.V, six months ago

Pan barged into camp.

"Lost boys! Things around here are gonna change. I've been cheated, and cheaters never win. I'm sending the shadow to get more boys. Anyone who even thinks about crossing me will be punished. Badly. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" Pan shouted.

"Yes pan." The lost boys said in unison.

"Good!"

*End of flash back*

I snapped my fingers in front of his face, he seemed to be remembering something.

"Well, how did you escape?" I asked.

"He was busy punishing someone and I escaped."

"Pretty brave." He smirked. "Aren't you afraid pan will find you?"

"Not really, he didn't pay much attention to me. He did say any one that crosses him will be punished but I don't think he'll find me. How about you? How did you escape?" He asked.

"We were having a great time. But I had to save my friend, he was being held by pirates. Hook had come to me earlier that day and told me that it was either I go to his ship or slightly died. I wasn't thinking straight and disobeyed Pan." I shrugged.

"Aren't you afraid he will find you now that you are back on the island?"

"Nah, I'm not afraid of him." The boy chuckled.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing, you're just pretty brave for someone who went against one of Pans main rules."

"Yeah, well, being on that ship made me realize that Pan was just an evil little boy, who enjoyed the pain of others." He turned and started to pick up wood.

"What're you doing?" I asked as I sheathed my sword.

"Getting firewood." Be said blankly. I bent down and started to help him.

After a while we had quite a large pile of wood and we had managed to start a fire. I sat near Jonathan, but not too close as I still didn't know him that well. I was perched on a rock just staring into the fire. I sighed, I haven't done this for six years. The fire seemed to dance and form images in the center. It looked beautiful.

"Are you gonna sleep?" Jonathan asked, breaking me away from my thoughts. I shook my head.

"No. I haven't been here for a while, but I know not to let my guard down when I'm here."

"Well, if you're not going to sleep, then I am." I nodded as he lay down close to the fire. Not long after, I felt my self tire out, then I let the darkness take over as I fell into sleep.