darkness

Brooklyns P.O.V

When I arrived at the tree house Peter was nowhere to be seen. Good! I thought. Right now, he was the last person I wanted to see. I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to see Pan, But there was nothing else I wanted to do. So I decided to go to sleep. However I found it difficult to sleep because of everything that had just happened. All I could see when I closed my eyes was Georgia and the fear in her eyes. It was awful, the happiness in Pans face as he stared at me while forcing me to kill my best friend. It caused me soo much pain. I also had another nightmare. In this one, pan placed the heart in my hand, except this time I was happy about it. Without any encouragement, I squeezed her heart. That one hurt me the most. I was like him in that dream. I couldn't be like that.

Peters P.O.V

I'd given Brooklyn a few hours to cool off about what had happened. She was a lost girl now. She would have to get used to it if she was going to stay here. That was me. I wasn't changing for some girl! I headed back to the tree house because I couldn't leave her there alone. I climbed the ladder to the door of my tree house and silently pushed the door open. At first I couldn't see her, until I looked at the bed. She was actually asleep this time, I could sense it. I walked over to her and just stood there and watched her. Her breathing was steady. Her auban hair was all tangled from being here a few days and also most likely from sleeping on the ground. All of a sudden her nose started twitching.

"AAAAHHHHH!" She screamed, sitting bolt upright. The next thing I knew I was at the bedside.

"Shh, shh. It's okay.  It was only a nightmare. They go after a while of being here" I smiled. She looked at me a for a brief second be for pushing me away. I fell back  until I was sat on the floor. Normally I wouldn't fall but it took me by surprise.

"GET AWAY! IT'S NOT ALRIGHT! IT'S YOUR FAULT!" I just looked at her and blinked. How was this my fault? I'll never understand this girl.

"Why is it my fault?!" I asked. She gave me such a dirty look.

"You killed my friend!" She told me.

"Well, technically, you did it." I told her still smiling a little.

"You forced me to! I had no choice! And now, now I'm having dreams that I.... I.." she couldn't finish her sentence.

"That you were like me? That you were the one who killed her and you were happy?" She looked up at me.

"I'm nothing like you!" She spat again.

"You have a habit of spitting don't you? And you shouldn't have tried to run away. Then she would probably be alive." I said simply.

"You have a habit of raising your eyebrows, don't you?" I'd never thought of this. "And I wouldn't have left if you hadn't killed that other girl. I couldn't trust you. You are a liar." She said. Something about her words hurt me. I looked into her eyes. They were an ocean blue colour that seemed to shine even with every emotion she felt.

"I'm sorry." She looked surprised at my words.

"What? I thought the mighty Peter Pan never apologised. I thought there was no sorry in Neverland." She said with a mocking tone.

"There's not. But you deserve it. I shouldn't have made you kill that girl. Even if I killed her, I shouldn't have forced you to do it. And even worse, I looked you in the eye while you did it." We didn't speak for a little while.

" I accept." She said softly and quietly.

"What?" I asked.

"I accept your apology. I just was upset about my friend. She was the best. But you apologised, I could tell by your eyes that you mean it." I was blown away. I didn't think that she would forgive me.

"Thank you. For forgiving me. You're our first lost girl and I just didn't want to lose you. There's something different about you. You're different from other girls, even your friends that are staying back at camp. They believe, but there's something about you." I shared with her.

"I guess you'll just have to wait and see what it is." She smiled. I smiled back.

"I guess so."