Target practice

When I got back to camp, sure enough Pan was there. The lost boys were gathered around him in a circle. When I got closer I heard Pan telling them about something..

"So, you all remember where you're supposed to be?" Pan said.

"Yes, pan" the boys said.

"What's going on?" I asked pan.

"Hunting." He replied.

"GO ON BOYS! Time to hunt." The boys went off in different directions except for a few who stayed here. Obviously they were in Pans hunting group.

"Come on, you're with me." He said, leading his group away. I followed until we stopped. Some lost boys shot arrows and threw daggers at animals, others sat and watched or waited. I picked up a crossbow that was next to me. I saw a rabbit hopping along on the ground. I lifted the crossbow up. This has to be like a bow. I aimed and shot. I missed. By a lot. I tried again, and still missed. All of a sudden there was warm breathing on my neck. "Its different to a bow isn't it." Pan whispered.

"Just a little"

"I can help with that." He moved my hands so that they were positioned on the crossbow properly.

"Make sure the arrow is in place." I checked.

"Now move your head so that you are looking directly down the arrow." He moved my head slightly. A shiver went through my spine.

"Pull the string back." He moved my hand to pull back the string.

"Now relax your shoulder"

"Do you realize that you are breathing down that very shoulder? It makes it a little difficult to relax" I whispered. I released the arrow without even thinking about it and it hit the rabbit.

"See? You're a natural." I looked at him and rolled my eyes.

"Shut up". I put the crossbow down and picked up a bow.

"I think I prefer this one." I raised my arm and shot without taking my eyes off of Pan. The arrow flew through the air and hit a bird. By the end of the hunt, I had two squirels, a chicken, four rabbits, and three birds.

Back at camp, the chicken was skinned and cooked. Within Fifteen minutes I was eating mouthful after mouthful of chicken. It tasted so good. I suddenly felt really tired. I got up and went over to Pan.

"Peter, I'm really tired. Is there anywhere close apart from the tree House I can rest? I want to be awake for the celebrations."

"See that tent over there?" I nodded. "You can stay in there." I smiled at him and turned around. This tent was really big. I think it was the biggest. Inside there was a bath tub, a desk, a bed and a table and chair.

"Wow" is all I could say. Just wow. I walked over to the desk. On the desk I found paper and coal. I'd been dying to draw for a while now, it was one of the few things I missed from home. I sat down and picked up the coal. I started drawing ,I had no idea what though as I was lost in my thoughts.

"Who's that?" Pans voice came from behind me. I looked down at it then back up at him.

"Trust me, you don't want to know."

"Tell me."

"It's...umm... Well, it's Peter Pan." He raised an eyebrow.

"Please tell me I don't look like that." I laughed.

"No, pan. You definitely do not look like that. This is the Peter Pan that I grew up with."

"Oh. Well, it's really good."

"Thanks. But I know I'm not." I looked down.

"Yes you are. Can you draw me?" I froze for a moment.

"Uh, sure." He sat down opposite me and I looked at him for a moment then started to draw.

"I don't know how good this is going to be. Sorry if it ends up offending you." I said adding the final touches.

"Close your eyes." I told him. He closed his eyes and I handed it to him. He opened his eyes and just stared at it.

"I know it-"

"It's amazing. How did you learn to draw like this?"

"I spent a lot of time on my own. Time helps you learn and that's what I did. Whenever I was angry or sad or annoyed I would draw. I drew when I was happy as well, but I just drew whenever I had paper. Got me into a lot of trouble in school." He smiled. This was a warm smile, not an evil one or a smile that he just got his own way, this was a real smile.

"Peter.... I think.... I think I..."

"Pan. We have a visitor." Felix said. I looked down.

"Who?" Pan asked.

"I think you just need to take a look" he said. Pan stood up and walked to the opening of the tent. He turned around and looked at me.

"What were you saying?"

"It doesn't matter." He shrugged and left. I stood up and followed.

Peter's P.O.V

I left Brooklyn in the tent, she was acting weird. I walked over to the group of lost boys and Felix stepped out of the way.

"Hello, baelfire".