Chapter 1: Start of a new day of misery

Warning: Spoilers for latest Sanders Sides vid. And Remus being Remus.

*Virgil POV*

I wake up. Groaning, I lean over to check the time. Its 6:00 AM. Great, my anxiety woke me up extra early for today. Yay. I get up, get changed into my dark clothes, complete with a black and purple hoodie, apply my eyeshadow and brush my teeth before getting breakfast. School starts at 7:15. I look around our small kitchen and remember my parents aren't home. Dad's never home in the mornings and Mom just got a new job. So they aren't here. I'm not excited about today. It's my first day of senior year. Great right? Nope. I am one of the unlucky bunch who got transferred to CherryWood Highschool this year, while part of Rockview High gets renovated. I'm the only senior who got moved. Me and my friends at Rockview practically ruled the school. I was even going steady with the leader of our group, Janus Dee West. Everyone not in the group calls him Dee. I call him Jan. Now everything's gonna be a mess, as CherryWood is our rival school.

I'm finishing my breakfast while packing my bag when I hear a car horn from outside the apartment. I look out the window and see Remus's car. Remus Royalaton is also part of our group, ever since he was a Sophomore. It took all of Freshman year for us to trust him, as he is brothers with the head theater geek of CherryWood, Roman Royalaton. Most schools rival in sports, our's rival in the arts. Remus goes to Rockview because when his parents divorced, he and his dad moved to our area.

Remus continues to honk his horn as I rush out of the apartment, my guitar case in one hand, and my backpack half on my back.  I'm about to get in the front seat when Remus honks his horn again.

"Back of the car loser." He says.

"Fine, you dweeb," I say, getting into the back.

There's more room in the back of this filthy car anyway. I look at Remus. He's wearing some dirty jeans and our school's black and grey jacket that he added a bunch of line green bits to. I can tell he didn't bother to brush his hair, but he did bother to put in his grey streak. 

"We're picking up J and then dropping you off." He says.

"I'm surprised. Aren't we rivals now?" I say, not even trying to keep the bitterness from my voice.

We start driving to Jan's house.

"Well if you even try to rival us, I'll tear off your nipples and shove them up your nose." He says.

I snort at Remus's casual insult. He uses that one a lot. But he probably can go through with it if he chooses.

After a few more minutes of hate talk about CherryWood, we arrive at Jan's house. Remus doesn't give a warning before he honks his horn. I jump. He keeps his hand on it until we see Jan leave his house.

Jan gets into the front seat but doesn't see me yet. He's wearing black pants and a bright yellow tee. 

"Sup, Duke. Finally, the first day of the last year we'll be at that dump. Shame Virge won't be with us." He says.

"Yeah," I say from the back, "I'll be stuck in a school with Roman all year. Can't wait to see how much he'll show off."

Remus snorts and Jan turns around to see me.

"Virge! Sup emo freak! Are you why I got honked at, at 6:45 in the morning?!" He says while mock glaring at Remus.

Remus shrugs and says, "You should have been out already."

"You never even told me you were coming! I can't see the future!" Jan says.

"Well, then you should have read my mind." 

"Even if I could I do not want to know what goes on in there."

I laugh. Remus and Jan argue a lot. It's hilarious.

We make it to CherryWood. I can hear my heart beating in my ears, and my legs start to shake. Jan notices as he steps out of the car.

"Hey V, it's gonna be ok. Re and I have a plan. If we bug the principle enough he might let you come back. Remus knows his breaking point." He says while hugging me.

I grin because I know their definition of 'bug' is everyone else's definition of chaos. Also, seeing as I'm the only transferred senior, it was most definitely to break up our troublemaking group. But knowing that Jan and Remus will cause even more all year is great.

"Be sure to listen to all of Remus's suggestions. No matter how colorful they are, "I say with a smirk, "Love ya, Jan."

"Love you too Virge. Now go give Roman a little chaos courtesy of Remus."

"Will do, snake."

"You better, eyeshadow."

I wave goodbye and turn to face the school. I check my watch. 7:00. I have fifteen minutes to find my locker and classes. I got a tour before the school year, but it was brief because everyone thought I would leave a prank somewhere. Which I did. I hope the boys in the bathroom like blue paint.

I find my locker, open it, and start unpacking my stuff. I look at my schedule. I have English first. I'm putting back my schedule when I see Roman coming down the hall. People make a path for him and I immediately know he's very popular here. God, I hope he doesn't recognize me. We never saw each other that much, to begin with, as Remus started hanging out with us two years ago, which was three years after his parent's divorce. But they still see each other at like, family events and birthdays and stuff. Roman walks right past me and I see he has an entourage. Roman is the second tallest, with slightly tanned skin and a red letterman jacket with jeans. Perfectly styled brown hair. He looks stuck up. Exactly how Remus describes him. On his right is a shorter boy with curly dirty blonde hair, freckles, and round glasses. He's wearing a light blue T-shirt with a sweatshirt around his shoulders. Then on Romans left is the tallest one. He's paler than the other, but not as pale as me, has dark, brushed-back hair, square glasses and a polo shirt with a necktie. A necktie! This is school, not a formal occasion. The group separates and goes to their lockers. Necktie kid is on my left. Freckles on my right. Great. I grab my books for the next couple of periods, turn my phone off and put it in my pocket, and get my earbuds out when the bell rings. I'm off to homeroom.

I just want to say that I've been wanting to do a highschool AU forever! Now I finally am! Yay! I'm planning on keeping this ongoing for a while, perhaps through the character going to college. Idk. I'm also planning on alternating days putting out chapters for this and In the Mindpalace. This is my first kinda AU where everyone isn't part of Thomas, so please give feedback! So I hope you enjoyed, and until next chapter, have a great day you wonderful peep! (edited some minor spelling mistakes, and some minor things I got wrong)