Chapter 5: Studying and Suspicions

*Logan POV*

The first week of school has gone by quickly. It's already Friday afternoon. Roman, Patton, and I have a small amount of homework left to do on the weekend, so we agreed to spend Sunday together. For now, I have to complete the English project. It's due next Monday, so completing it is of the utmost importance.

We're currently in study hall, and I see Virgil sitting away from us again. I understand why he is, as Roman has not been pleasant to him, but it still partially hurts inside. Just as I'm finished gathering my supplies the bell rings. Virgil rushes out of the rooms and I follow. Roman and Patton don't object, as they are still finishing packing.

I speed walk to my locker in time to see Virgil.

"Greetings Virgil. Would you like to meet at the public library tomorrow to finish our project?" I say casually, opening my locker.

Virgil looks at me, suspicious. 

"Why?" He asks.

"We are required to collaborate in person for this project. I figured the library would be an adequate location to work. Is noon a good time for you?" I say.

My heart is pounding, I don't know why I feel so tense.

Virgil looks at me.

"Sure. Whatever." He says, putting in his earbuds and pulling his hood up.

He closes his locker and exits the hallway, just as Roman and Patton arrive in it. 

"Hey, Specs! Auditions are soon, can you help me rehearse tomorrow?" Roman asks.

"Depends on the time, I have to go to the library at noon," I say.

"What for?" Patton asks.

"I have a project to complete," I say.

"Ok, well how about we rehearse Saturday night? You guys can sleepover and we can spend the morning driving around." Roman suggests.

We both agree and go out to the parking lot.

*Virgil POV*

It's definitely a setup. When I get there, the Trio will be waiting there to humiliate me in some way. I'm no idiot. But Logan did seem sincere. Or at least, as sincere as he can look. Just in case I'll tell Remus and Jan.

20 minutes after school lets out Remus's car pulls up. I don't see it immediately so he starts laying on his horn. I grumble and make my way over to his car. He finally stops his horn once I get in.

"Hey," Jan says.

"Sup," I say "So I got to go to the library on Saturday for a project. I'm partners with one of Roman's buddies. And-"

"It's a set up don't go. Never trust my brother or his friends." Remus says, cutting me off.

"But I still need to get the project done, and if it is legit then, well..." I trail off.

"If you're insistent on going I won't stop you. But I'll hang around there just in case." Jan says.

"Me too." Says Remus.

I agree, and the car goes silent for a bit. Then I remember something.

"Oh Jan, when you were getting your scales Remus got banned from another McDonalds," I say, "I'll send you the video."

Jan laughs.

"Hilarious. Wait, is that actually what Roman looks like now? Is he trying to look like a Disney prince?" Janus asks while watching the recording.