Chapter 36: Together

*Virgil POV*

I have decided to stay at CherryWood. I don't want to leave Logan. Or face the ridicule of Rockview students. 

Today is Friday. Logan and I are helping with the set because Patton asked us to. We may have dodged flu season in December, but it's hitting us hard now, so half the stage crew is out. 

"Hey, Pat," I say, entering backstage.

Patton is on the ground, painting the lower half of a set. 

"Hey, kiddos! Can you guys grab some paint and help?" He asks.

"Of course," Logan says.

We grab some paintbrushes and get to work. We're repainting a set that looks to be from a previous show. 

I hear the cast singing loudly on stage, with the sound of their shoes hitting the floor. I think they're doing a dance number. Thank god I'm not part of the cast, I hate dancing.

---

We finish about half the set's paint by the time rehearsal is over. I grab my backpack and make my way to the bathroom to wash the paint off my hands. Patton and Logan follow as Patton spilt a little paint on his arm and Logan flicked some onto his face by accident. Painting is messy.

The paint is really hard to get off, so I leave the few light blue speckles on my arm. They'll come off eventually.

Patton leaves the bathroom, and Logan and I go to our lockers. I left my earbuds in there. I don't know about him. 

I'm just about to leave when Logan says something.

"Virgil, I-" Logan says, "Really like you," 

If I wasn't wearing a pale foundation then my face would be bright red.

"I- I just wanted to tell you tha-" He says.

"Shut up and kiss me," I say, pulling him down by his tie.

He's is like 4-5 inches taller than me. It's unfair.

We kiss. It's wonderful. Us together, alone, away from the rest of this damaged world. 

"I would like to ask you out," Logan says after we break apart.

"Sure. Now I'm your problem," I say.

"You could never be a problem," He says.

"Try me," I smirk.

*Logan POV*

I feel a tingly sensation in my chest and can't stop smiling. Virgil and I are finally together. I will never let anything change that. Not even my parents. 

I did make it back to Patton's house, with a secret recording of my parents shouting at me for leaving. If they get the police involved I'll show it to them.

After school, we decide to meet back up at Virgil's apartment, so we can go on our first date. I have no idea what to wear or what to say or what we're going to do, but I am excited nonetheless. Excited and very anxious.

"Patton, can you help me pick out an outfit?" I ask.

"Sure kiddo, what for?" He asks.

"Virgil and I are going on a date!" I say excitedly before re-composing myself.

I don't usually let emotion figuratively cloud my judgement, but this is a special occasion. I want to look perfect.

"Oooh! That's great!" Patton squeal, "Let me call Roman, he's an expert with this,"

15 minutes later, Roman is upstairs going through some possible clothes for me to wear.

"You're lucky you're only an inch or two taller, otherwise none of my stuff would fit. Do you have anything from your parent's place?" He asks.

I shake my head. They said 'all my clothes are formal enough, we're not getting you anything else'. The irony is that my father wears something similar to me every day, and has a whole wardrobe of even more formal attire.

"Ok, well how does this look?" Roman asks, pulling out a formal shirt.

It's like the reverse of what I wear normally. A dark blue dress shirt and black tie, with a little brain with glasses symbol.

"Yes, I believe that will be adequate," I say.

---

I'm finally ready. Patton acts like he's a dad, making sure I will be responsible, have fun, etc.

"Patton, for the last time, I will be fine. You've met Virgil. We were hanging out a few hours ago!" I say.

"I know kiddo, I'm just making sure," He says.

Patton is my ride to Virgil's apartment, so we both get in his car. Roman says goodbye to Patton and I and leaves as well.

"Logan, I swear if you don't stop bouncing your leg I am going to freak out," Patton says.

I hadn't even realized I was doing so. Patton hands me a Rubix cube and I stop. I solve it within minutes and mix it up again. These are the only things that can distract me.

*Virgil POV*

I touch up my hair and makeup, pull on my hoodie, and put in my star earring. I feel so excited, but my anxiety has something else to say.

A million thoughts of how I can screw this up flash through my head. I try to ignore them. Try. My heart rate picks up a lot when I see Patton's car pull into the parking to down below. I grab my phone and head over to the front door.

"I'm heading out, when's curfew?" I ask.

"10:45!" Mom shouts from another room.

"K!"

I head downstairs and out to the parking lot. 

"Salutations, Virgil," Logan says.

"Sup," I say.

Sup? Out of all the things I could have said, I chose 'sup'?!

"Now be good to my kiddo, and both of you have a good night," Patton says.

"Will do, Pop-star," I say.

Patton gets in his car and drives away.

"So where are we going?" I ask.

"I don't know. How about we get dinner and go to the park?" He suggests.

"Sounds great," I say.

---

We sit on the grass, at the edge of the pond.

"The sky looks so cool," I say.

"It does. Right now it's astronomical twilight," Logan says.

Logan knows a lot about the sky and the stars. I have no idea why, but it's cool.

I don't know how much time passes, but the moon rises and the sky is full of stars.

"I think we should start to head home," Logan says.

"Aw, why so soon?" I ask.

"Virgil, it's almost 10:40," Logan says.

"Crap. I need to be home in five," I say.

We walk back to my apartment complex.

"I had a great time, Logan," I say.

"As did I," He says.

We briefly kiss and I go inside, realizing how cold my hands are. It is almost March, and we got lucky tonight. It was about 50 degrees out, instead of the normal 30-40. 

Yes, finally. Analogical is here. And I hope you enjoyed this brief period of fluff, I was just feeling it today. Also, happy Pride Month everybody! I hope you enjoyed reading, feel free to leave any thoughts, theories, or feedback in the comments. Have a prideful day you magnificent peep!