Chapter 26: Gifts and Visits

*Logan POV*

Today is Christmas Day, but I don't feel like celebrating. Neither do my parents or at least not with me. I sometimes feel jealous of my sister, she's managed to maintain a good relationship with our parents. I don't think I ever will. Feelings are the one thing that clouds and confuses my logic. They are practically the bane of my existence. Apart from Virgil, he seems to be the one thing I can stay sure about. Or ay least positive about. I don't ever feel sure about everything I say or do with him.

I spend almost all of today in my room. At lunch, while Step-Mother and Father are out with the rest of our family, Christie comes to see me. Sometimes she feels like my only true family and blood relative. 

"Merry Christmas, baby brother." She says.

"Merry Christmas, Christie," I respond.

She drops a gift bag on my desk. 

"Thank you," I say, "You didn't have to get me anything."

"Nonsense. It's Christmas, and you are my brother." She says.

"But I didn't get you anything," I say.

It's true, I was planning on doing my Christmas shopping on the 22nd with Patton and Roman.

"Well, your gift to me can be moving out as soon as your not grounded." She says.

I sigh. I wish it was that easy. I'm grounded until the end of the break, and then on constant watch until I prove my 'therapy' is working. Why did I have to be born at the end of February?

"Christie, you know full well that if I leave before I'm legally allowed to, they'll just drag me back or say Patton's family kidnapped me," I tell her.

That's what almost happened with her and her first girlfriend. It was a huge mess, we almost went to court, and Christie was punished severely. That was when she was 16, and I was 12. What made it worse was that event made me scared of my sexuality, and too scared to even talk to other boys through most of middle school. Except for one boy. I don't remember his name, but I think I loved him.

That night, at around 8 PM, Step-Mother and Father leave to go spend the night with Step-Mother's family. My bedroom door is locked, and I have to ask permission to go to the bathroom. They always do this when I'm grounded, and they trust Christie to enforce the rules. Christie doesn't. 

I'm sitting at my window, studying the stars when I see someone. I open my window.

"Hello? Virgil?" I whisper into the night.

Virgil hasn't come to visit since Tuesday, and I'm starting to think it really was a dream.

*Roman POV*

Ever since break started, I've been getting texts from Amy with a, how do I put this, threatening undertone. She apparently knows about my past drama and a few other embarrassing things from my past and threatened to show them to everyone if I don't keep up my end of the deal. Why did I think making a deal with the Regina George of my school would be a good idea?

To be honest, I really had faith in my friends to tell me my plan was stupid. But they didn't. I guess it will be an act of small revenge to see Logan eventually break up with Amy. Now that will be fun to watch.

I spend half of Christmas day with my mother. Her parents died a long time ago, and she was an only child, so it's just us. I consider telling her that Remus and I made up, but her reaction when I told her he found his way to my party a while ago makes me think twice. I don't think she fully trusts Remus, as he chose Dad over her.

After we open each other's gifts, eat lunch, and spend some time together, I get to go see Patton. I'm taking him out to dinner tonight, but first, we are going to the park.