Chapter 10: Ashes, ashes and the hoodie is gone

*Roman POV*

We unmask the Rockview kids and my heart almost stops. One is none other than my brother, Remus Royalaton. No one in this group besides me and Logan knows he's my brother. Thankfully, it's dark and he has an ugly mustache now, so its a little harder to see our similarities. I don't recognize the guy he's with.

"Both of you. Out. NOW! Before I call the police for trespassing." I command.

 Logan and I drag them both out. I tell the rest of the group to keep searching. Once we're a safe distance away from the party, I ask Remus,

"Tell me, in what universe did you think it's ok to come to me and Mom's house, uninvited and cause a scene?" I start berating him, "Regardless of the party, I thought it was made explicitly clear when you chose Dad that you were not welcome on the property without express permission from me or Mom? Or did none of that get through your thick skull?"

He looks over at his partner in crime.

"You didn't tell me this was his party." He says.

"I didn't know. Blame Erik, he told me about it." The other guy answers.

They start to argue.

"Both of you shut up." Logan says, "Here's what's going to happen. You will leave the premises, you will pay the cost of the sweatshirt, and you will leave Virgil alone."

"Or else what?" The other boy asks, smirking.

"We will file a police report for trespassing and destruction of personal property. If you really make me angry, we can also add in all the evidence of vandalism from over the years." Logan answers, his voice cold.

They both look a little worried.

"Fine. Here's a ten, but its none of your business whether or not I talk to Virgil." He says, handing Logan some cash.

They book it out of there, and we go back to the party. I look at the time, it's a little past 10:30. I see Remy come in, holding several coffees and shouting for people. It looks like he made another Starbucks stop.

"So, did they really throw someone's sweatshirt in the fire? That's crazy dangerous." I say.

Logan nods. Then rushes out to the backyard. I don't go after him, but rather look for Patton to give him an update on the situation.

*Virgil POV*

I stand by the fire. It's roaring high now, and its way to dangerous to grab my sweatshirt. Logan goes speeding off after the person who did this. There's only one person I know who would make such a low attack. Janus. Remus was probably involved too. I collapse onto the grass, watching my precious hoodie burn. It was a gift from my middle school best friend, and when I got it it was huge. I've grown into it over the years and even found a way to make it bigger. It meant everything to me, and Janus knew that. I watch it crumble to ashes in the fire, and something in me just deflates. This never would have happened if I didn't try to break up with Jan. If only I had waited, we could have worked things out. I suddenly feel sick, and rush inside and to the bathroom right as Logan was coming back out. 

I make it to the bathroom and the two bags of gummies I had come right back up. I'm there for what feels like hours, heaving and my head starts to feel dizzy. I hear a knock on the door.

"Occu-" I start to puke again, "Pied."

The door opens and Logan walks in.

"Are you ok?" He asks.

I continue to hurl into the toilet.

"I'm gonna let you answer that," I say.

Logan smirks, "I meant emotionally. I can clearly see you're sick. I told you not to eat all of that sugar." He says.