Chapter 41: April Fools but its not a prank

TW?: Pretty angsty

*Logan POV*

It's the final day of March. Virgil and I turned in our science project, and I am nervous for the grade we get. Virgil is out with Roman currently. He said they were scheming. For what, I don't know. Patton is out getting more cat stickers for his car, so I am alone at his house.

I get a text from Patton.

Hey, can you check the mail? Some should be here rn

Ok

I go outside and to the mailbox. I pull out a few letters. The one on top is addressed to me. I open in.

Meet me on the roof. Tonight at 8
-your emo

I don't know why Virgil would send me a letter instead of a text, but he usually has reasons I don't understand.

8 PM comes around. Patton and I have separate rooms, but I still make sure I am quiet. I open the window, which doesn't have a screen.

The roof outside the window is much higher than the one at my parents. I need to be very careful.

I see a dark figure. Figuring it's Virgil, I walk up to them.

"Salutations, Virgil," I say.

They laugh. A high, feminine laugh. It's not Virgil. It's Amy.

"Truly sorry about this, but I need my revenge. After this we can get back together," She says.

"What- wait what do you me-" I start to say.

She shoves me. I stumble, waving my arms out in front of me.

I remember a moment of weightless terror as I fall to the ground.

*Virgil POV*

"I can't reach Logan. Can you?" I ask Roman.

The two of us are over at his house, plotting some pranks for Remus. Apparently, Remus shaved part of Roman's head 7 years ago and he's been waiting to get back at him. I happily assisted.

I've tried to call Logan three times in the past two hours. Mostly for ideas. He hasn't responded at all.

"Well, it is 10 PM," Roman says.

"Yeah, so? You know he'd be up studying right now. It's not a school night," I say.

"True. I'll try," Roman says, pulling out his phone.

Three calls later, and nothing. Finally, on his fourth attempt, he picks up.

"Hi, this is Amy. What do you need?"

"Where's Logan?" Roman demands.

"I second that," I say.

"Here, I'll just send you his location,"

Roman's phone buzzes. He hangs up the call and checks the message. His eyes widen.

"What is it?" I ask.

I lean over and see the location on Google Maps. It's the local hospital. My heart drops.

"Please, tell me this is a sick early April Fools prank," I say, grabbing my bag.

"If she wanted to prank us we'd be covered in pink goo by now," Roman says, "Let's go,"

We rush out, getting in my car, and driving.  

---

We see Amy in the lobby. Roman runs over to her, grabbing her arm.

"Hey what the-" she says.