Chapter 38: Isn't it obvious?

*Virgil POV*

My phone buzzes. It's Friday and I'm still sick, now with the added bonus of being sore.

Logan calls me, very concerned, but I brush it off. I did get a little injured, but I don't need him to know that. He worries too much for me sometimes as it is.

After telling him to get to class, I hang up. I don't remember anyone taking a video yesterday. I go on my computer and browse social media, hoping the video is there.

I found a video, but definitely not the one that happened yesterday. This one looks completely fake. I know how to recognize realistic animation, and I am slightly impressed with the animator of this. 

At around 9 PM I start working on the homework. I'm super bored and unfocused on it. So I decide to text Perry and procrastinate instead.

I'm just about to text him when he texts me first.

Hey Sanders, how are you doing? 

meh. I'm sick

my apologies

it's fine. I don't rlly care if I miss school

you probably should

I've got my boyfriend to help me with my homework

I see. What's his name?

Logan

...

?

Virgil?

..Yes?

oh my freaking god

I guess now is a good time to mention I had a crush on you in middle school

yeah, probably

Well, I hope you recover soon. And we still have to work on our science project

k

I set my phone down. Now that I think about it, this seems pretty obvious. He had the same last name as my friend did, his house is familiar, and he already seemed to know a lot about me. Why didn't I realize this before?

It's 2 AM. I'm bored, and I just had some coffee. I was doing schoolwork. About an hour ago. I pull out my phone and spam some memes to Logan. Because why not?

Virgil, it is 2 AM

and?

You should be asleep

Nah I just had coffee

why

I don't respond. I grin, Logan knows he can't make me sleep.

*Logan POV*

I get a text at two in the morning. I had trouble sleeping that night, so it woke me up immediately. I hear a few more buzzes. I put on my glasses and pick up my phone. 

Its Virgil, spamming me some images I assume are 'memes'. I sigh and try to tell him to go to bed. I know he is not going to bed.

I turn my phone on silent and go back to sleep.

I spend Saturday afternoon at Virgil's house, as his parents aren't home and I want to make sure he is recovering.

"Lo, are you sure you're ok with this? What if you get sick?" He asks.

"It would be worth it. Besides, Roman and Patton can get me my schoolwork, so I won't miss any assignments," I say.

Virgil coughs a bit before responding.