Chapter 24: Hello again, Dr. Picani

*Logan POV*

That night after Christie leaves my room, I fall asleep. I still have nightmares from time to time, but they've more faded into dreams.

I'm outside the school, a blizzard in the skies. Virgil walks up next to me.

"You know, I feel like I remember you from somewhere." He says.

Virgil seems different in my dream. More open, confident, and he's smiling a bit. He also has a sweatshirt on. Not the small, flimsy one he's been wearing, but a nice black one, with purple patchwork.

"Really. Where might that be?" I ask.

"I dunno, somewhere. A few years ago." He says.

"I do feel you are familiar to me too, Virgil," I tell him.

"Huh. Strange. What do you think you know about me?" He asks.

"You like My Chemical Romance, but you've told me that already. I think you like Disney movies but won't admit it. Your favorite color is purple, not black, and you've had anxiety since halfway through 6th grade when some kids started to bully you for being emo and then again for coming out." I say, "Is that right?"

"Dead accurate." He says.

"I'm pretty sure I am alive right now," I say.

"Again, its a metaphor. But you only take what I say literally."

"I think I like this, Virgil. Just me and you and the sky." I say.

He nods.

"Too bad you have to wake up. Tell Emile I say 'hi' tomorrow." He says.

I nod. Wait, how does he know where I'll be going tomorrow?

I wake up to my alarm clock right beside my ear. I don't remember setting it. I hear Step-Mother shouting from outside my room.

"Get up Logan! We're leaving in 20 minutes." She shouts.

I sigh, remembering what happened last night. I've never met Dr. Picani, but if my parents approve of them it can't be good. I get dressed, comb my hair, and put on my glasses. Once I leave my room Step-Mother rush me outside to the car. I guess I won't be having breakfast. 

"Your father is too ashamed to even look at you right now. Hopefully, Dr. Picani will help cure you." Step-Mother says as I get into the car.

I don't reply to her, and we drive the whole way in silence. Once we get there she walks me in and I sit down in the waiting room. Step-Mother checks me in and within a few minutes a doctor with pinkish-purple hair comes out. 

"Logan?" She calls.

"That is me," I say, standing up.

Step-Mother stands up with me. Dr. Picani gives her a strange look.

"Ma'am, I am just with Logan," She says.

"I want to go with him. I need to be there!" Step-Mother protests.

"If you need some company, I'm sure my son Emile can talk with you. But you cannot join Logan's appointment." Dr. Picani says.

Step-Mother huffs and Dr. Picani and I walk away. We enter a small room with two chairs, some cartoon posters, and a small pride flag hardly noticeable above the counter. I smile, realizing this visit won't be bad.

"So, let's start. Your mother said you are in for 'being rebellious and going against proper beliefs'. You've been here before, is that correct?" She asks.

"Yes, ma'am, I have been here before. Also, that is my Step-Mother." I say, looking down.

"I believe I was given your records." She flips through a small packet, "It says here you are 17, came in when you were 13, and for the same reasons."