Chapter 37: Set in motion

*Amy POV*

March 1st. Time to set my plan in motion.

To make my plan work I need to get some help. Again. Which is annoying, as my previous partners turned out to be useless. But I intend for this one not to be.

After school, I walk into the library where the person I'm looking for is most likely to be. I find him in the back room.

"Hello, Jacob," I say.

"Oh, Amy. Uh, hi?" He says, a little confused.

"I need your help," I say.

"Like a tutor? I'm sure you can ask Mitch-" 

"No, not a tutor. You are good at video photoshop, or whatever it's called, right?"

He nods.

"I need you to make a few videos. You won't tell anyone about this. You will not show them to anyone," I say.

"What's in it for me?" I ask.

"You won't end up like Megan," I say simply.

Empty threat. But it works.

"Ok, when do you need them by?" He asks.

"As soon as possible. Be sure to make them extremely convincing. If one person finds out they're fake, say bye-bye to any friends you may have had here," I say.

I explain to him the details of the videos. Jacob is a nerdy wimp, so if he tries to defy me or mess with these he can say goodbye to a day without being bullied. 

As an added measure, I start up some more rumors about the emo freak. It'll make the videos more believable if more people already hate him.

*Virgil POV*

I'm on my computer, browsing social media when I find some more rumors about me. Great. It's not like everyone already avoids me most of the time. Literally everyone but the theater department and a few kids in the art club.

On Thursday I wake up to a cold. Sore throat, hacking cough, and a small fever. I tell my mom and she calls me out sick. I have an entire day to do nothing.

At around noon, Mom texts me, asking me to pick up some groceries. I don't know why I have to do it when I'm sick, but we're out of cough drops so I go.

---

I get the stuff Mom needs, and a bag of cough drops. I pop one in my mouth after I pay, giving my throat some relief. I have never been so thankful for self check-outs because I don't think I can handle social interaction right now.

I'm just about to get to my car when someone yanks me by my shoulder.

"Uh, rude," I say.

The person who did it rolls their eyes. There are three guys, all of them look like idiots from the football team. One with brown hair, one with blonde and one with bright green eyes. I don't know their names so that's what I decide to call them.

"Get 'im," The leader, Brown Hair, says.

I gulp. One of the kicks me in the shin, causing me to fall to the ground.

"What do you guys-" I break out in a coughing fit, "Want?" I finish.

Blondie shrugs.

"We don't answer to you," Brown Hair says, his voice full of venom.

Geez, what did I do to these guys?

One of them grabs my arm and drags me up. They pin me on my car and one punches me in the back. They're strong, but also idiots. I reach into my pocket for the small knife I keep for emergencies.

I kick the guy punching me and turn around, waving my knife at them.

"Back. Off," I order.

Green Eyes and Blondie do, but Brown Hair doesn't. He kicks me in the gut, too fast for me to avoid. My knife clatters on the ground. I dive to pick it up but break out into a coughing fit. Being sick is not helping.

I grab my knife and wave it at him. Brown Hair backs off.

"Run dude, people coming," Blondie says.

They take off sprinting and I see a store employee running out here. I pocket my knife and put the bag in my car.

I don't feel like interacting with anyone after that, so I quickly get in my car and drive off before the employee reaches me. 

*Logan POV*

On Wednesday, Virgil, Patton, and I work more on the set-piece. Virgil doesn't look too good, coughing every few minutes. He insists he's fine.

Once I get home, he texts me saying he's sick, and we won't be able to hang out after work tomorrow. I'm a little disappointed, but self-care is more important. 

On Friday before homeroom, a girl comes up to me.

"Have you heard about Sanders?" She asks.

"No," I say, a little confused.

"Oh, I thought you would have. Here, look at this," She says, showing me her phone.

My eyes widen as I see a video play on repeat. A video of Virgil being attacked.

"Where did you get this? When did this happen?" I ask.

"Last night. It's everywhere, no one knows who did it," She says.

I rush outside and pull out my phone. I call Virgil.

"Hey," He says.

His voice sounds pretty sore.

"Virgil, are you ok? I just saw a video-" I say.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's fake," He says.

"Ok, good. I was very concerned for your wellbeing when I saw it," I say.

"Chill, I'm fine," He says, "Now get to class, the bell's about to ring," He says.

"I will. I love you," I say.

It still feels strange to say that. 'I love you' is like an unknown phrase, one I'd never thought I'd say.

"Love you too, now get to class," Virgil says, hanging up.

I rush back in the school just as the bell rings. I have two minutes to get to homeroom.

Something bugs me all day, but I can't figure out what. That's when I remember the girl referring to Virgil as 'Sanders'. Was that his last name? I feel a little bad for not knowing my own boyfriend's last name, but he never mentioned it and I never asked.

After school, as Patton and I drive back to his house, I text my friend. Sanders. We were very close in middle school until my parents found out about him. That was when Christie came out, and so they decided to separate me from him so I 'don't go the same way'. So I ended up moving middle schools. However that is how I met Patton and Roman, so it wasn't all bad. But I haven't seen Sanders since then.

I am just now realizing how long this thing is. Oh well, not much I can do to change that now. I hope you enjoyed reading, feel free to leave any thoughts, theories, or feedback in the comments. Have a lovely day you magnificent peep!