Chapter 15: Uh oh, feelings

*Virgil POV*

I'm in the student parking lot. It's after school, and I'm waiting to meet with Patton. If he doesn't show up within five minutes, I'm leaving. But he does show up, just a few minutes later.

"Hey, Virgil!" He says brightly.

"What do you want?" I ask.

I've learned that no one talks to me unless they want something. This should be no different.

"Well, I'm going to be direct here. Are you straight?" He asks.

I raise my eyebrows.

"I could have sworn you knew I had a boyfriend. Do you have memory loss or something?" I ask.

Rudeness is my defense mechanism, but I feel a little bad when I see a bit of hurt on Patton's face.

"Well yeah, I remember. But I just want to confirm. You are not straight." He states.

I nod. I haven't been straight in years.

"Logan is way too nervous to talk to you, so I'm doing it for him. Can you please just give him a shot? Just try to at least be friends? He really likes you and has been overly sad and anxious lately." Patton says.

Well, there's a news flash. Logan actually cares? He doesn't really seem capable of that kind of emotion, but then again, people have layers.

"Fine. But you tell Princey that he's a still a stuck up jerk and I don't like him." I say.

Patton nods and I go to my car. I pull my sweatshirts tighter around me, hoping it will give me a little more warmth. It doesn't.

I get home as soon as I can, and the snow is really coming down hard. I'm probably going to have to shovel later. I set my bad down on the couch and grab a snack. I go into my room and finish up the homework I still have left. I then take out my notebook and start doodling. 

I hear my phone buzz. I pick it up and see that its Logan.

I was wondering if you would like to talk after work tomorrow. He asks

Sure I text back

I sigh. I don't want to, but I made an agreement. At least it's after work, so Roman probably won't be there.

*Logan POV*

The Winter Dance is in three weeks. Today is Thursday, and the dance is on the 21st. Our last day before break. It started snowing yesterday, and it hasn't stopped. The ground is covered in a few inches of snow by the time I get to school. 

I park my car and get out. I drove alone today, as Roman and Patton had to be here earlier. I walk in and go to my locker. I get out my stuff and greet Virgil as he gets to his locker.

"Salutations, Virgil," I say.

"Hi." He says.

My heart rate jumps a bit at the sound of his voice.

"So, um, can we hang out after work? I get off at 6." I say, stuttering a bit.

Why am I stuttering? My mind just can't seem to formulate words properly when his intense stare meets my eyes. 

"Sure. It looks like we're working the same shift." He says.

"Ok," I say.

Ok? Was that really all I had to say to him? Out of all the things I could have said, I just said 'ok'?

The bell rings, and Virgil rushes off to homeroom, and I follow suit. I didn't realize I was almost late.

---