Chapter 21: Is my life a musical?

*Amy POV*

I'm texting one of my friends, discussing how excited we are for the dance tomorrow. When we get to the topic of our dates, I tell her that I'm asking Logan. I tell her this because she is the kind of girl that can't keep a secret to save her life, so I know that by tonight it will be all over social media. Good. I need that emo to know Logan is off-limits. But then she tells me something unexpected.

Doesn't Logan already have a date? She says.

WHAT

Yeah, I heard he was going with the emo kid

Well, that stinks I text.

Yeah, it stinks. But for him, not me. He is going to regret this. Time to start some rumors.

I bet he's faking it. like that kid could ever go out with Logan. 

Oooh, maybe

I heard that he's actually dating someone else. Ever notice how much time he spends with Rockview kids? Maybe he's actually a spy for them. Why else would he help run the sound booth at the play? I say.

I have a small grin on my face as I continue to form rumors about this kid.

Just remember, you didn't hear it from me I text

I go over to my closet to pick out my outfit for tomorrow. I need something Logan will find attractive but still fits my style. What to pick, what to pick.

*Virgil POV*

Patton calls me right after school on Monday. I tell him Logan asked me to the dance, as friends, and I have nothing to wear. I don't even know where to start. I don't go to a lot of formal occasions, and when I did Jan always told me,

"I don't care what you wear, just be there on time."

I was never late to anything, just way too early. 

"Well, do you want to come over to Roman's house? We're getting ready there right now." Patton offers.

I'm a little hesitant going to Roman's house, especially after last time. But he's been a little nicer to me lately. I haven't gotten a rude nickname in over a week.

"Sure. On my way." I say, then hang up.

---

I pull up into the driveway and knock on the door. Patton greets me and lets me inside. I look around.

"Is Logan here?" I ask.

"Nope. His sister just got back from uni and will not let anyone else prep him for the dance. I can't wait to see how crazy she goes at Prom." Roman says.

I smile a little. I don't think Logan will appreciate getting a makeover from his sister. We all go upstairs. Patton and I discuss what I should wear while Roman touches up his hair.

"I just can't get it right!" He says.

"It looks fine, sir-sing-a-lot," I say.

"I agree. You look great, Ro!" Patton says.

That gets a blush out of him, then they both turn to me.

"Well, if you are going to go to the dance with Logan you need a serious makeover. We can't have you looking dreary there!" Roman says.

"A makeover? What are we, 9-year-old girls at a sleepover?" I say.

"Nope. 17-year-old gay guys before a party." Patton says, looking on his phone.