Chapter 48: Performance and Prom

Amy warning

*Roman POV*

Tonight is the night. My very last highschool show. I feel both excited and terrified. I want this show to be perfect, to leave this school with an amazing last performance. 

I'm in my prince outfit for the first act, and right before the curtains come up Patton wishes me luck. He then goes up to help with the lighting. I assume Logan and Virgil are in the sound booth, but I can't see them.

I enter the stage. The show has begun.

---

As I take my final bow, I feel a sense of pride in my heart. The show was amazing, it went off without a hitch. I wish it wasn't my last one.

"Great job, Ro!" Patton says.

He traps me in a Patton hug as I try to get to the dressing room. My suit is dashing but is more uncomfortable than you would believe.

"Thanks, Pat. You did great too," I say.

He blushes.

"It was no trouble,"

"Now, as handsome as I look right now, this suit is killing me. I'll be right back," I say, slipping into the dressing room.

---

A few days later, and it's Thursday. Prom is in a few days, and I'm going with Patton. I can't wait.

"Hey, Roman?" Virgil asks.

"Yeah?"

Class starts in a few minutes, and we're at our lockers.

"I want to ask Logan to Prom. How does that work?"

"You just... ask him," I say.

"That is impossibly simple. What's the catch?"

"Ok, so here's what you should do. Get some flowers, a romantic setting, and when the moment is right, you say 'Logan, will you go to the Prom with me?'," I say.

"That is way too extra,"

"Well, I'm sorry. Extra happens to be my strong suit!" I say.

"Fine. So do you think he'd like it if I just, like, asked him? Sometime after school?"

"Maybe. I still think you should do the flowers. Here, I have a fake rose," I say.

I reach into my locker and pull out a fake blue rose. It was one of the props in the show that I got to keep. 

"I'm not going to ask why you have this, but thanks," He says.

"Not a problem," I say.

---

Virgil did end up asking Logan, and it was a success. I knew it! 

"Virgil, I am making sure you look beautiful tonight, I don't care what you say," I say.

I'm at Virgil's house, making sure he gets ready for this. 

"You saying I don't already look beautiful?" He says jokingly.

"No, I'm saying you could be even more," I say, "But not as beautiful as Patton, I'm afraid that's impossible,"

"Fair enough,"

"Now, let's get you ready!"

*Logan POV*

Prom night. It's 5:30, so I have an hour and a half to get ready. Patton is freaking out, trying to make sure I look good for tonight. I have to remind him that he should too, considering he's going with Roman.