Chapter 23: (snow) storms are approaching

TW: homophobic stuff

*Virgil POV*

"So what did the Pink Maleficent want?" I say to Logan, as he sits down beside me.

"To be annoying. The usual, 'come on Lo-Lo, let's have some fun' and 'Lo-Lo, I think I love you' and 'Lo-Lo, what if we were together?'" He says.

A bit of jealousy rises up in me.

"Oh, and what did you say?" I ask, a little bitterly.

"I told her, bluntly, to f-" He starts to say.

"Language!" Patton shouts from a few feet away.

I turn my head in his direction. 

"How did he- nevermind. So are you good now?" I ask.

"Yes, although it would be 'I am doing well', not 'I am good'." Logan points out.

I snort a bit. Only Logan would be concerned about proper grammar. 

"Have you tried the cookies here?" I ask, "They're pretty good."

"No, I haven't. What kind do you recommend I try?" He says.

"Oh, definitely the snickerdoodles," I tell him. 

We go over to the snack table, where Remus's cupcake arrangement has been destroyed. I hand Logan a cookie. He takes a cautious bite.

"I suppose this is rather good." He says, "Although coconut raisin is my favorite." 

Hours pass, with me and Logan happily talking. Neither of us really likes to dance. I'm too self-conscious, and Logan doesn't have a clue how to. That's when a slow dance song comes on. I see Patton and Roman together on the dance floor. I have no clue where Remus is. Probably harassing some poor soul about Jeffrey Dahmer. 

"Shall we dance?" I ask in a mock romantic tone.

"I would rather not. However, have you seen the storm gathering? It's quite lovely." Logan says.

"No, I haven't. Where's the best view?" I ask.

Logan leads me outside, near the back entrance of the school. We watch the storm clouds gather, and I will admit, its pretty amazing. I huddle closer to him as the snow starts to fall. For warmth, I tell myself. Logan puts his arm around me and we watch the sky.

As he leans closer, I feel his heart pounding and see his breaths in the air.

"Virgil, I have something to tell you," He says.

He leans closer to me, and I know what's coming. What I didn't expect was to hear a shout from behind us.

"Over there, Mr. Perry! That's the boy infecting your son!" Amy shouts.

*Logan POV*

My heart drops just as we're about to kiss when I hear my name being shouted.

"LOGAN GEORGE PERRY! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!" My father shouts.

I see Christie running up behind him, out of breath.

"Dad, no! Let him be!" She tells him.

"Christina, stay out of this." Step-Mother orders her.

Virgil and I haven't moved from our spot. His eyes are wide with fear, and he's shaking slightly.

"Virgil, I think its best you go. Tell Roman I'm with my parents." I murmur to him.

He nods, and sprints off, leaving me to face my parents alone.

"Mom, honestly, this is ridiculous! Dad, you're being unre-" Christie starts to say.