Chapter 20: Just ask him already

*Virgil POV*

Amy hasn't gone through with her threats yet, which seems to be making me more and more anxious. All week, she's cornered me in the halls when no one is looking, warning me to stay away from Logan. I won't tell anyone about this either, because no one would believe me. That girl is freaky. Everyone thinks she's the pretty, dumb girl incapable of hurting anyone, but I think differently.

We have one week before the shows and apparently, the Winter Dance is the day after the shows. I don't know if I'll go. Last year, I went with Janus. The year before that it was the three of us. Freshman year we didn't go. I don't know if I'll go this year. I've got nothing to wear, and no one to go with. Patton and Roman are definitely going together, and Amy'll probably do anything to go with Logan.

It's our last rehearsal before the show. We are going to do a full dress rehearsal run-through of the first act. Just how I wanted to spend my Friday night. At least I'll be with Logan. We get in the booth, get everything up and running, and start the first song.

"And the world is gonna know your name, What's your name, man?" Sings the boy playing Burr.

"Alexander Hamilton," Roman sings.

The rest of act 1 goes well. We had some minor audio issues that Logan was able to fix before they became a problem. A little over two and a half hours later, the cast takes their bows and the show is over. Finally, I'm starving. Logan and I pack up our stuff and shut off the sound system. Just as I'm about to leave, Logan says,

"Hey, Virgil?"

I turn around,

"Yeah?" I ask.

He freezes for a moment, looking like he wants to say something.

"Good work today. I hope you are prepared for the shows tomorrow." He says.

"Oh, thanks. Don't worry, I am." I assure him.

Well, that was strange. I try not to overthink that, but I overthink everything. Did he want to tell me something else? Something important? What if something big happened and he was too nervous to tell me? Did someone say something about me?

I get out to my car, tugging my winter jacket closer to me. It's so cold out, and the sky is showing warnings of another snowstorm. In my pocket, my phone buzzes. It's a text from Remus.

got any plans for the weekend? He asks.

Yeah, I've got some plays to go to I explain.

I turn my phone off and start driving home. The roads are mostly clear, seeing as school ended almost 1 and a half hours ago. I get back to my apartment fairly quickly, and when I come in a start making some hot cocoa to warm me up.

"Hey, Virgil. How was school today?" My mom asks.

"Fine. The heater in my car is still broken." I tell her.

"Ok, I'll have your dad look at it tomorrow." She says.

"Thanks."

Once my hot chocolate is ready I go back to my room. I look out my window and see it starting to snow. Great.

---

Sunday afternoon, it's our last show. I am helping prep the set again.

"Hey, Patton, where do you want these?" I ask, gesturing to a box with some broken props.

"I don't know, maybe just hidden somewhere backstage?" He suggests.

"Perhaps under the prop table. We can mark it so people know not to use them." Logan says.