Chapter 18: Threats and Love

*Virgil POV*

Study hall just let out and I realize that I have never once been in the CherryWood theater. In fact, I have no clue where it is. I decide to follow Roman, seeing as he's loud and most definitely going to the theater.

I get there, turns out the theater isn't too far from my locker, and look around. It is huge, with rows and rows of seats, and a spotless stage.

"Greetings, Virgil. The sound booth is over here." Logan says, gesturing to a small room near the entrance. 

"Cool," I say, turning away from the stage. 

We both walk in and I am a little mesmerized by it all. There are lots of buttons and a few computers here. Logan gives me a quick run-down on how it all works and we get started setting up. It's quite easy, actually.

We get everything up and running and are about to start the music when a girl comes in. I recognize her as the rude girl at lunch. The one who likes Logan. I immediately scowl when seeing her.

"Hi, Lo-Lo! Roman said you needed some help here! Well, here I am!" She giggles.

She giggles! I do not like this girl and she's not making things better for herself.

"I'm sorry Amy, I already have a partner," Logan says flatly.

"Well, tell him to leave. I want to be here with you! You know, I'm quite good at this sound stuff." She says.

"No," Logan repeats.

"Fine. But can we talk about this later? After rehearsal?" She gives him sad puppy eyes.

"Ok," Logan agrees, and she leaves.

"I'm sorry about that. I don't like her but she is persistent in trying to date me." Logan says.

"Are you?" I ask.

"Not if I have anything to say about it. Besides, I like someone else." He says, then goes red realizing he just told me that.

I laugh a bit and wonder who it is. 

"You seem to be in a better mood than normal." Logan states.

"Yeah, you remember Remus? We're friends again. I didn't know I missed him until he left." I say.

"What about your other friend, Jan?"

"Janus is dead to me," I state.

It's true, I hate Janus and everything he stands for. He's a liar and manipulator. 

---

I leave a few minutes before rehearsal ends to go to the bathroom. When I get out Amy is there. Waiting for someone. She turns to me.

"Stay away from Logan. He's mine and I will not have him making goo-goo eyes at a boy. And an emo one at that." She says.

What is it with everyone judging me for being an emo? I mean seriously. 

"No. Logan chooses who he wants to hang out with and you can't force him or me to do anything," I say.

"Fine then. I hope you don't have pride left because once I'm done with you you'll be too ashamed to even show your ugly face." She says as she turns on her heel and leaves.

Well, that was strange. What's the worst she can do anyway? Shame me on the Twitter I don't have? The only social media that I use is Tumblr. Sure, I browse on the others but I never post anything on them. 

*Logan POV*

I am out in the parking lot and Amy is there, waiting for me.

"Hi, Lo-Lo! So why don't you want to spend any time with me? Do you like that emo better than me?" Her eyes well up with what I think is fake tears.

"No, Amy. He's just a friend. But please stop flirting with me and calling me 'Lo-Lo'. It makes me uncomfortable." I say.

"I will once you go out with me." She says.

I sigh. No way out of this ends happily.

"I'll think about it," I say.

I won't think about it. If I can date Virgil she might assume I'm gay and leave me alone. I get into my car. Now that that thought is in my head, I can't get it out. Me and Virgil together. That would be wonderful. But how do I tell him?

---

"Ask him to the dance!" Patton suggests.

I have told him time and time again about my feelings for Virgil, and he convinced Roman to come over to my house with him to help.

"What if he doesn't like you? What about Amy, she seems to like you." Roman says.

"Roman, if you mention Amy one more time I will flip my lid. I. Do. Not. Like. Her." I state.

Roman holds his hands up in surrender.

"Ok, ok," He says.

His phone starts to buzz. He looks at it.

"Sorry guys, I gotta take this." He says as he leaves the room.

Patton and I continue talking and he gives me pointers on how to talk to Virgil. Roman comes back about 10 minutes later, looking a little pale.

"Who was it?" Patton asks.

"R-Remus. He wants to partially make up. So good news, Virgil definitely likes you, Lo. Bad news, he still hasn't gotten over his ex. Remus wants to meet up and talk about it, for Virgil's sake." Roman explains.

No wonder he is so pale. Besides the night of his party, he hasn't spoken to his brother in years. My heart figuratively leaps with joy when I hear Virgil likes me.

"It's official then." Patton says, "We are getting you two together."

They start to tell me about all the things I should do when talking to him and even give me vocabulary cards with contemporary slang words to use. I didn't know flirting was this complicated.

"Are those really necessary?" Roman asks.

Patton grabs the cards from my hand.

"Logan, can you use a slang word in a sentence, right now?" He asks.

"I am sure I can, Patton. I can yeet them whenever." I say.

Roman visible cringes.

"Nope, nope. Take them back. You need them." He says.

Patton muffles a laugh.

After another hour of them giving me tips and vocabulary cards, they have to go. Patton promises to talk to Virgil. I don't know what they will be talking about, but I trust Patton knows what to do.

I lie down on my bed, and for the first time in weeks, I am hopeful that I will be with the love of my life. But rehearsals are going to be a slight issue. We are going to spend so much time together in the sound booth, how will I be able to handle that without saying something embarrassing? The most logical solution is to act as though I don't feel anything. When the time is right, I'll tell him.

We are getting very Analogical here! I think it has become my favorite ship. I am very excited about where this story is going, and I'm telling you to be prepared. I hope you enjoyed reading, and feel free to leave any thoughts, theories, or feedback in the comments. Have a special day you magnificent peep!