Chapter 29: Heartbreak

TW: Swearing. (does that need a TW? Idk.)

*Logan POV*

January 8th. The break is over and we are back in school. I missed this place. It feels a lot better than home, especially now that Christie went back to college. 

The day passes by and before I know it, the final bell rings, and study hall is over.

Once the hallways clear out I make my way to the theater. We have a meeting tonight. I'm halfway there when I feel someone grab my wrist. I turn around. My heart feels like it is sinking. Its Amy.

"Hi, Lo-Lo!" She says brightly.

"Hello, Amy," I say in a monotone voice.

I had almost forgotten how much the sight of her annoys me. She starts to drag me to an empty hallway.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask.

"Somewhere quiet." She says, grinning.

I try to get her to stop dragging me by my wrist, but she has a strong grip.

We stand by the lockers and she starts talking. I listen, and don't try very hard to keep the conversation. I'm late for the meeting. After a bit, she starts to notice I'm not interested in listening to her.

"If you don't want to listen, why are we even together? I love you, Lo-Lo." She says.

If I break up with her my parents said I will be grounded again, and this time banned from all clubs. I still have four months of forensics season left, and I'd rather not miss out on that. So I pull a romantic gesture to keep her happy. I hate every second of it.

*Virgil POV*

"Hey, Logan, we have a rehearsal scheduled for tod-" I trail off.

There, in the middle of the hallway, is Logan and Amy. Amy is holding his face in her hands.

"I love you, Lo-Lo," She says.

Logan doesn't respond, only kisses her.

Logan is faced away from me but Amy sees me. The evil glint in her eyes made me double-back and get out of the hallway. I'll just tell the club that I didn't find him anywhere.

I rush down the hallways, trying to keep the tears from flooding down my face. When I realize I can't, I rush into the bathrooms and let it all out. I don't stay for too long, otherwise, someone might come looking for me. I shakily pull my eyeshadow out from my pocket and reapply it, then take some shaky breaths to calm down.

I look in the mirror. My eyes aren't very red, but I wipe them and push my hair to cover them nonetheless. I don't know what else to do but go back to the theater and pretend nothing is wrong. After all, nothing really is. Logan and I weren't going out, we hadn't even admitted to each other anything. My sweatshirt from him was just something to replace the one I lost, nothing else. The moon charm I gave him definitely was more than just a gift, but I guess he didn't see it that way.

I walk out of the bathroom, sniffling a little and go back to the theater, where the stage crew and a few others are waiting for me. 

"Did you find him?" Patton asks.

I shake my head.

"He might have been in the bathroom, or he forgot," I say.

He seems to be good at that, I think bitterly.

Patton shrugs.

"I guess we can start without him." He turns to the group, "So we decided on New Year's that this year's production would be told story-book style and that it would be about the adventures in a young boy's imagination. Right? Or did we go with the coffee shop barista falling in love with their regular?"