Chapter 35: Reconnect

TW: Some homophobia AKA Logan's parents being jerks

*Logan POV*

Virgil and I are working the same shift on Wednesday night. As we're leaving, I stop him.

"Virgil?" I ask.

He turns around.

"What?" He says.

"I-" I start to say.

"Get away from him!" I hear someone shout.

I turn around and Virgil takes a step back, hands up in surrender. I see who it is. Amy. And Step-Mother. I guess I can't even talk with Virgil without someone yelling at me now.

Amy grabs my arms and my step-mother walks towards Virgil.

"Get away from him," I order.

She ignores me. Amy's grip is a lot stronger than I previously thought, so it takes some effort to break out.

"You unholy demon, poisoning my son with your gay!" Step-Mother shrieks.

"I- I didn't-" Virgil says.

I pull myself out of Amy's grip and go up to Step-Mother. She isn't even that to me anymore, she's just Mrs. Perry. She's not my mother and never will be.

"Step away from him or I will file a case for assault against a minor," I say.

"You wouldn't do that to your own mother, would you?" She asks, then starts trying to guilt-trip me.

"You are not my legal guardian, much less my mother," I say, standing my ground for the first time in 18 years.

"You are grounded when we get home. And how dare you run away? Your father and I almost called the police!"

"Um, am I missing something here?" Virgil asks.

"Yes, I'll tell you later. Let Patton and Roman know I probably won't be at school tomorrow," I say.

"Mrs. Perry, could I have a quick chat with my boyfriend real quick?" Amy asks.

"We. Are. Not. Dating," I state.

Amy drags me away nonetheless.

"I told you you'd regret that. Have fun at home. And don't worry about your little emo freak, I'll definitely leave him alone," She says.

This makes no and all logical sense. I hate it.

---

Back at my parent's house, I'm locked in my room. They took my phone, so I search around for Christie's old one. I find it behind the bookshelf, where I left it. 

Patton, it's me, Logan. I am back at my parent's house, please tell Virgil I'm fine and not to worry. I will try and get back to your house by 1 am, if I am not there please alert the police. I text.

As I'm scrolling through the old contacts on this phone, I decide to text a few and see who they are.

*Virgil POV*

After I called Patton explaining what happened, I break down in my car. Panic attacks are just so much fun, and yes that was sarcasm.

I heard what Logan said as Amy dragged him away. I didn't know what to do so I ran. His mom looked like she wouldn't hesitate to hurt me. Not going to lie, it looked more like she was the demon than me.

Once I calm down, about a half-hour later, I pull out my phone to tell Patton what happened.

"Hello?" He asks.