Chapter 9: Bonfire Celebrations

*Virgil POV*

Friday morning. I'm in homeroom, bored out of my mind. The Trio walks in and takes their usual spot on the other side of the room. Apart from lunch and occasionally after school, we don't really talk. My earbuds, it seems, are my only full-time companion. The teacher talks. The bell rings. We leave for our first class. I'm in the routine now, mindlessly going from class to class, doing the work, following directions. At lunch, again my usual seat by Logan is taken by another girl. I go back to the empty table.

Lunch passes by and I go to my locker early again. I've put away all my stuff from my previous classes when Logan comes from around the corner.

"Greetings, Virgil." He says.

"Sup," I say.

"Roman is having a party tonight and I was wondering if you would like to come." He asks.

I raise my eyebrows.

"A party? I doubt he'd want me there. I'm like a dark shadow dragging the mood down." I say.

I'm overexaggerating but that's pretty much how Roman views me.

"I don't think you are. Its a Homecoming party, so it would be best if you came. Most of the grade will be there, so the odds of Roman finding you are minuscule." He says.

"But still," I say.

"It's your choice whether you come or not, I'm just letting you know you can," Logan says.

He then tells me the info on the party, like where it is and what time it starts. I'm unsure whether or not I want to come.

*Roman POV*

It's after school and Logan drives us all to my house. They both offered to help set up the party. My mom is going to be out of town for tonight and the weekend and said I could host a homecoming party. I am ecstatic, as I love throwing parties and seeing everyone laughing and dancing. I invited all of the seniors at CherryWood, along with some Juniors and Sophomores. Most people said they could come. 

I'm preparing snacks, Patton is doing some minor decorating, and Logan is looking through the music choice.

"We're gonna have some big fun tonight," I say jokingly,

"We're up 'till dawn, having some big fun, big fun!" Patton half-sings.

We both laugh. 

"You ok, Lo?" I ask, noticing he didn't even crack a smile.

"I am feeling satisfactory at this time, Roman." He says.

"Stop lying. What's up?" Patton says.

Patton has the unique ability to sense almost anyone's lies. 

"I can assure you that nothing is wrong, Patton." He says.

I can see this going one of two ways. And Patton chooses to keep digging.

"Yes, something is. Logan, you don't have to feel uncomfortable talking to us. We're your friends, we'll accept anything you tell us." He says.

Logan sighs, and looks up.

"I don't know. Lately, I've been having nightmares and I can't seem to keep my mind off Virgil. He's all I can really think about." He says.

Patton and I share a look. It seems we've found his crush.

"Does your heart feel jittery every time you see him?" I ask.

Logan nods.

"Do you feel a rush of excitement every time you hear from him?" Patton questions.